||The role sits within Area Accounting and is part of the Finance Accounting team lead by the VP, Accounting. Finance Accounting is responsible for the delivery of all finance accounting support across ASIG, including the provision of support for risk &
controls compliance, reporting requirements and overseeing transactional finance activity. The latter includes responsibility for ensuring the timely and accurate entry of transactional data at stations, and involves working with Finance Shared Services and
Operations in support of business-critical processes such as customer order billing and fuel inventory management.
Finance accounting support to the stations is delivered via a hub-and-spoke organization. The majority of stations are supported remotely, with an Area Accounting Manager providing supervision of local finance staff and finance-related support, and Finance
Shared Services delivering transactional support. Accounting Associates are located at stations where there is a requirement for on-site finance support, primarily in time-sensitive activity such as receiving fuel or entering fuel-tickets.
Area Accounting Associates provide additional remote support of fuel-related activity.
The role itself relates primarily to data-entry, and the role holder is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate completion of any required station finance activity. Additional duties will vary according to local station requirements, and may include
administrative support to the station manager and other ad-hoc activity of a similar level.
The role is a key interface between Finance and Operations, and will involve working closely with local operations staff, for example in ensuring all fuel tickets are collected and legible or following up in instances of missing or illegible tickets.
The role-holder will report directly into the ASIG Area Accounting Manager but will also be expected to ensure that any locally assigned tasks are completed diligently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
The main areas of responsibility are:
• Receiving fuel orders into RSMS
• Coordinating the collection and collation of fuel tickets
• Entering fuel tickets into RSMS
• Entering daily ending inventories into RSMS
• Generating daily fuel close reports
• Reconciling and resolving variances in RSMS
• Miscellaneous non-finance activities, including administrative support
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Key activities and decision making
Impact on the Business
• Perform a lead role in the timely and accurate entry of fuel-tickets into RSMS. This is a business- critical activity that is vital to both meeting customer contractual requirements and in supporting the business in raising timely and accurate customer billing.
• Perform a lead role in the timely and accurate receipt of fuel into RSMS; entering daily ending inventories and generating close reports. This is a business critical activity that supports the management of fuel inventory.
• Entry of all daily fuel tickets completed according to local deadline
• Accuracy of fuel ticket entry, with no re-entry required and no unaccounted-for variances
• Entry of fuel BOL receipts completed according to local deadline
Customers and Stakeholders
• Coordinate with fuel operations staff to ensure fuel tickets are collected and ready to be entered on-time. This will involve diligence in following up in instances of missed or illegible tickets, and ensuring fuel staff understand the importance of timely
and legible submission of tickets.
• Coordinate with the fuel manager to ensure fuel BOL receipts are collected and processed.
• Relationship maintained with key station operations staff, ensuring smooth information flow
• Continual improvement in collection of fuel-tickets, and reduced level of follow-ups required
• Feedback from station manager / duty supervisor
• Coding of Accounts Payable and other accounting duties as assigned.
Leadership and Teamwork
• Provide support to the Area Accounting Manager and/or Area Accounting Associate by ensuring coordination of planned absences.
• Provide support to station operations staff by being proactive in assisting with ad-hoc duties as time permits.
• Coverage of finance activity at station is maintained year-round
• Feedback from station manager / duty supervisor
• Feedback from Area Accounting Manager / Area Accounting Associate
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Proficient in computer and 10 key skills. Ability to work with figures rapidly and accurately.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High-school diploma and/or general education degree (GED); or one-year related experience and/or training
• Ability to data-input rapidly and with accuracy, and ability to self-review work
• Ability to self-motivate and manage and prioritize workload
• Experience in using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) required
• Experience with RSMS preferred but not required
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up
to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
||Send This Job to a Friend