||Summary: Receives stores and distributes freight within established guidelines by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reads air waybill, bills of landing or freight manifest to determine the items to be moved, gathered or distributed.
• Conveys freight from receiving areas to storage or to other designated areas with forklift or transporter.
• Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as consignee or destination.
• Sorts and stores dangerous good in proper area
• Fill requisitions, work orders or requests for materials, tools or other stock items and distributes items to other locations.
• Open bales, crates, and other containers for break down. Records counts of items received or distributed.
• Weighs and counts items for distribution within warehouse to ensure conformance to company standards and air waybill.
• Performs cargo build-up and/or breakdowns, freight to and/or from skid, pallets or ULDs.
• Ensures that work areas are clean and hazard free of loose nets, straps, etc.
• Must practice all Company’s Safety Policy inclusive of, but not limited to: wearing PPE, equipment operation, safe lifting procedures or obeying speed limits when driving company vehicles and equipment.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must follow all Security procedures as required.
• Must have high school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
• Must have current driver’s license with no violations over the past 5 years
• Forklift certification preferred, but not necessary
• Must be able to lift at least 70 pounds on a continuous basis.
• Must be able to pass all pre-employment testing, including drug testing
||Send This Job to a Friend