||Job Purpose Summary
The Station Manager needs to have knowledge of narrow body aircraft with regard to ramp and passenger service and will be directly responsible for overseeing the operation and personnel, take accountability for safety, resource management, operation standards,
policy implementation, client relations, and controlling and managing the operations budget targets.
Primary accountabilities and duties
• Liaise and build strong working relationships with the Airlines and future airline customers.
• Fully responsible for all aspects of the station
• Fully accountable for the financial performance and compliance with Corporate Governance, legal and quality aspects of Menzies’ businesses in the station
• Leading and working with the local team to maintain and enhance appropriate, effective safety & security systems, risk assessments, periodical inspections & audits, operational training programs, planning, operational processes and service delivery.
• Maintain relationships with local stakeholders including airport authority and local regulatory agencies.
• Implementation of the company policies and procedures, promoting sound safety, security and people management practice.
• Promoting and driving a ‘safety first’ culture through all levels of the organisation.
• Ensure the business unit remains fully compliant with internal standards and all relevant industry, regulatory and state legislated requirements.
• Lead and motivate hard working teams to deliver excellent quality and productivity
• Ensure the safe and secure operations, in accordance with the highest possible standards of health, safety, security and all government statutory requirements.
||Essential Skills and Qualifications:
• Extensive knowledge and experience of ground handling for a wide variety of US domestic and regional airline customers, the applicable regulatory requirements and of US domestic airline operations.
• Must have experience of dealing with airline customers and vendors at a senior level.
• Track record of managing a management team and must display strong decision making ability.
• Strong financial planning and budgeting skills are required.
• Requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Must be self-motivated and have the ability to multi-task and work independently.
• Excellent people management and leadership skills with experience of developing people strategies and multi-disciplined teams.
• Capable of comfortably and continuously lift/move 70 lbs.
• Must be able to pass all necessary employment testing; including background, drug test, and certified copy of DMV record in good standing.
||Send This Job to a Friend