||The position of HR Specialist works closely with senior HR management in supporting the HR function in their assigned geographic Location. The HR Specialist performs human resources-related duties at the professional level and may carry out responsibilities
in some or all of the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, on-boarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance. This position will
also support the Human Resources Department by assisting with the administration of various HR programs, performing clerical and administrative duties, maintaining employee records. Additionally, it will assist in promoting positive relationships between employees
and management and must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. The Specialist must be sensitive to corporate
needs, employee goodwill and the business needs.
Primary Accountabilities and Duties:
• Assists in the administration of various human resource functions and regulatory compliance for the assigned geographic location(s); assists in the interpretation and implementation of personnel policies and procedures. Partners with employees and management
to communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and other government regulations.
• Maintains all employee and applicant documentation as dictated by company and/or governing agencies ensuring full compliance.
• Maintains working relationship with union officials and adheres to terms of labor contract by monitoring day-to-day implementation of policies concerning wages, hours and working conditions.
• Assists in investigating, answering and settling grievances, by arranging and scheduling grievance hearings between union personnel, supervisor and the management team.
• May review benefits with employees and processes enrollment, cancellation or changes. May assist in the organization and communication of the annual open enrollment and election process.
• May assist in the recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; and assists in the writing and placement of advertisements. Assist with and/or coordinate the internal job posting program.
Reviews applications and interviews applicants to match experience with specific job-related requirements. Submit the online applicant investigation requests and assist with new employee background checks.
• May assist in responding to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations and civil rights complaints. Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing. Acts as an employee relations specialist.
• Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary action.
• Coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing employee disciplinary actions.
• Distributes and monitors employee performance evaluations and ensures they are done in a timely manner (i.e., three months, six months, one year and yearly thereafter).
• Facilitates or provides training (including new hire orientation) to the workforce.
• Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database as needed.
• Maintains employee personnel files. Update HRIS database records and process paperwork for new hires, terminations and other status changes.
• Updates, monitors and maintains eligible salary adjustments/increases based on three- and six-month and one-year evaluations.
• Coordinates Human Resource functions such as company social activities, management luncheons, and charitable programs; maintain company electronic bulletin board, employee retirement functions and all employee recognition programs.
• May Process FMLA, Leave of Absence and/or STD paperwork.
• Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
• Maintains, updates and distributes company organization charts and the employee directory.
• Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
• Must be familiar with company policy and CB agreements as applicable.
• Assists with various research projects and/or special projects.
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
||• Must be a team player, have the ability to work under pressure, have a professional image and be able to resolve problems and conflicts.
• Excellent communications skills such as writing, listening and customer service skills.
• Previous experience with Internet and MS Office Skills, including MS Word and MS Excel required.
• Bachelor’s Degree Preferred or 2-4 years of previous HR Experience Required.
• PHR Certification is a plus.
• 2 to 4 years of HR experience required Aviation experience a plus
• Labor Relations experience is preferred
• Ability to work independently without direct supervision is essential
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
||Send This Job to a Friend