||Maintenance Control Technician
||Under the daily supervision of the Maintenance Manager with assistance as needed from the Station Manager. Performs the required preventative maintenance and the repairs of the BURFUEL fuel facility as required. Ensures that all work assigned is performed
in a timely fashion with quality workmanship. Ensure through definitive methods that product meets or exceeds quality standards set forth; ensure all work is completed in a timely manner, contributing to an efficient operation, while projecting a professional
image for Aircraft Services International, Inc. and BURFUEL.
This position represents a contact mainly with oil companies, airlines, into-plane fueling agents and the BURFUEL Membership. As stated in the Statement of Position, while in the performance of their duties, employees need to project a professional image for
ASII and it’s customer.
DUTIES OF THE JOB:
1) Customer Satisfaction; To maintain an uncompromising dedication to providing high quality service to all of our customers at a fair and reasonable price. This is achieved by accomplishing all duties in accordance with established airline regulations.
2) Must have a complete set of hand tools to perform assigned tasks.
3) Must not be afraid of heights and be physically capable of performing tasks on above ground storage tanks.
4) Must be able to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
5) Must adhere to local, State, and Federal safety policies, and company rules and regulations.
6) Possess working knowledge of fuel systems to adequately perform trouble shooting assignments for safe and efficient completion of assigned work orders.
7) Perform daily, weekly and monthly checks as required by the Maintenance Department in accordance with the guidelines set forth in ATA Specification 103 and local instructions.
8) Ensure assigned work orders are completed in detail to ensure inventory and facility maintenance records are accurate.
9) Maintain adequate channels of communication among fellow maintenance, operations personnel and Management.
10) Assist on special projects, career development and attend training seminars as required by Management.
||A) EDUCATION: High School graduate or equivalent experience and background in mechanical or Petro chemical field.
B) EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING: Three (3) months of training suggested performing the job with minimum supervision. These hours of training may be extended if deemed necessary by management. Experience on the job requires learning responsibilities of all phases
of the BURFUEL fuel system. It is extremely important to understand BURFUEL’s established guidelines and procedures to ensure that they are adhered to.
C) RESOURCEFULNESS: Basic mechanical, planning, and trouble-shooting skills to keep the BURFUEL system in good mechanical operation.
D) ABILITY TO DO ROUTINE WORK: There are considerable routine functions in this position. It will be necessary that all work assignments be done accurately to avoid fuel spills or fuel farm related events. Accurate work ethics are essential due to the nature
of the assignment.
E) MANUAL OR MOTOR (MACHINES) OPERATIONS: Must understand equipment of aviation environment i.e. fuel systems and the mechanical functions associated with such fuel facility related equipment. Ability to diagnose mechanical related problems and to the best
of one’s ability correct the problems. This category as stated, is not exclusive.
F) CAPACITY FOR GETTING ALONG WITH OTHERS: Work in close proximity with other employees and may be in direct contact with airline management personnel. Ability to maintain a good working relationship with all co-workers and the general public and to use good
judgment in recognizing scope and authority.
G) SUPERVISION: Consults directly with the Maintenance Manager in regards to unusual situations. Management is always available and or on call. No supervision of others is required.
H) WORKING CONDITIONS: Exposure to outdoor environments, various inclement weather conditions, aviation related fumes and various noise levels. Acutely aware of safety related procedures. Position requires wearing safety related equipment, i.e. goggles, gloves,
boots, respirator, hearing protection, and back support as necessitated by a specific task. Position requires lifting, pulling, pushing, rotating, twisting, climbing of high tanks, squatting, kneeling, overhead arm movement. Must be able to occasionally handle
weights up to and including 75 lbs. Exposure to related cleaning and chemical materials (review MSDS Reference Book) during routine and special cleaning assignments. This category as stated, is not exclusive.
I) OTHER ACQUIRED SKILLS NEEDED: Maintain a valid California Driver’s License. Failure to maintain valid Driver’s License may subject your continual employment. Position requires individuals to drive a pickup truck.
J) SECURITY REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to comply with local airport, FAA and TSA security and identification requirements.
M) DRUG AND ALCOHOL TESTING: We conduct random drug and alcohol testing for all employees.
N) PRE-EMPLOYMENT EXAMINATION: All prospective employees will be subject to a pre-employment examination for color blindness, hearing capabilities and drug or alcohol usage.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibility skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise
the job to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technological developments.
||Send This Job to a Friend