||Cargo Office Agent
||Assists the Airline Account Supervisor in the day to day operation in the front office. Front facing with customers and telephone contact to be delivered in a courteous and professional manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Examine manifests, bills of lading and air waybills to determine work procedures for accepting or releasing cargo.
• Compiles documents and data entry functions for import or export cargo shipments.
• Read and interpret aircraft weight and balance loading instructions, hazardous material identification labels, aircraft loading manifests and cargo routing familiarization.
• Expedites shipment of cargo from Warehouse and assists customers in tracking their shipments.
• Notifies consignee or representative concerning arrival dates of shipment, customs clearance requirements and weight of shipment.
• Enter transactions for billing to consignee and airline customer prior to release of freight.
• Authorizes final approval for cargo release.
• Undertake acceptance procedures for export cargo shipments.
• Assists customers at the front counter including pick-up and delivery requests.
• Prepares invoices for charges, airline clients and management regarding freight movements.
• Work with CBSA, Transport Canada and other governmental agencies to clear shipments.
• Meets flights in order to exchange documents as required.
• Recognizes dangerous goods upon receiving.
• Complete mandatory security and other training as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
||• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must have high school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
• Must be able to speak, read, and write in English proficiently
• Capable of repeating repetitive tasks
• Must be flexible and available to work all shifts including weekends and holidays
• Must be able to obtain and hold all required security clearances and passing a Transport Canada background check.
• Valid driver’s license with no violations over the past 5 years
• Familiarity with or ability to learn how to work within an IT cargo system environment.
• Proficient in MS Office
||Send This Job to a Friend