||• Receives work orders and obtains the necessary tools required for the repair.
• Transports the vehicle (s) to be repaired by driving, towing, or pushing vehicle into service bay.
• Vehicles may consist of tugs, forklifts, pay loaders, fuel trucks and other larger airport vehicles.
• Inspects parts and/or motor vehicles to identify defective or broken parts.
• Repairs diesel engines, hydraulic, electric, and mechanical systems.
• Obtains replacement parts, installing and/or making repairs as required.
• Repair may require rebuilding as assemblies, systems, etc.
• Confers with Supervisor for complex repairs, which require direction or approval for ordering parts.
• Completes work orders and provides status on any “open” work orders.
• Ensure the safe and secure operations, in accordance with the highest possible standards of health, safety, security and all government statutory requirements.
• Additional duties may include changing batteries, tires, oil, and other minor repairs.
||• Minimum three (3) years related experience.
• Must have knowledge of heavy-duty diesel/automotive equipment.
• Experience with troubleshooting and repair of complex hydraulic and electrical systems required.
• Must have own tools and be able to operate various power and hand tools safely.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Must be flexible to work all hours/days including nights, weekends and holidays as dictated by operational requirements.
• Ability to lift, push and move up to 70 lbs., comfortable with bending, kneeling, pushing and pulling various items
• Clean driving record with DMV certified copy.
Must be able to pass all pre-employment testing, including physical abilities and drug testing and ten-year background check as required by U.S. Customs.
||Send This Job to a Friend