||Corporate Trainer Ground Handling Support
Functional trainer, responsible for administering field station training programs for ramp operations through classroom, hands on and verbal instruction.
Assist and provide support to training management on matters of safety, security and education through training and training programs. Proactively promote a “safety first” culture by introducing safe working procedures in accordance with Menzies Aviation’s
policies and procedures.
- Effectively deliver new hire and annual recurrent training for all station personnel.
- Effectively deliver ramp OJT and Driver Training – Secondary OJT and other training-based classes.
- Project a professional image/conduct at all times.
- Ensure that the delivery of training courses are aligned to support and ensure safe and secure operations in accordance with the highest possible standards of health, safety, security and all government statutory requirements.
- Coordination with Airline customers to ensure all Initial and recurrent training material is up to date.
- Ensure station training and training matrix is aligned with corporate training modules as shown in appendix 1 to 6 Learning Development Policy
- Support employees and supervisors in undertaking the protective and preventative measures necessary to achieve compliance with health and safety legislation as it applies to them.
- Support corporate compliance by ensuring that training is aligned to promote and support applicable Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations.
- Report any breaches of statutory requirements or company best practice to management.
- Participate in safety audits daily and provide corrective action assistance to management.
- Complete daily shift reports and other reports as requested.
- Attend and participate in monthly departmental meeting.
- Perform other duties as required.
- College degree preferred with at least three years of experience in ramp/cargo operations.
- Must be able to pass all necessary employment testing; including background, drug, and certified copy of DMV record in good standing.
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Must have strong relational, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel approximately 80% of the time
- Must be able to multi task and meet tight deadlines
- Must be able to work extended hours on short notice during non-routine operations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word programs.
- Ability to drive safety van and truck from one work site to another as needed.
- Must enjoy dealing with people daily
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs., comfortable with bending, kneeling and pushing and pulling file boxes
- Ability to understand how the function impacts on the operation, corporate and statutory compliance
- Ability to make decisions if required
- Act with Integrity
- Uphold the image and standards of the company at all times