||Support Professional - Addictions & Corrections- Entry Level Position
||4011 - Exodus house
||1st & 2nd Shift
|Hours per Week
Part time position working 8AM-4PM every other Saturday and Sunday, as well as two 4-10PM shifts during the week. Knowledge of corrections and addictions highly desirable.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Supports and monitors clients within established policies and procedures.
- May be responsible for collecting urine specimens for urinalysis and administering breathalyzer test.
- Interacts with clients on an individual or group basis providing guidance and a positive supportive influence.
- Records observations relating to actions and behavior of clients and maintains records and reports as required.
- May organize and distribute clothing, bedding and other supplies.
- May assist with meal preparation in residential settings
- Performs general housekeeping and cleaning duties in residential settings as needed and operates laundry equipment.
- May transport clients to meetings, services, appointments and other activities.
- Provide medication monitoring in residential programs as outlined in licensing policies.
- May purchase supplies and/or groceries for the program.
- Advocates for primary clients in the community.
- Attends staff meetings and participates in training activities as required.
- May provide educational group activities for clients within program specified parameters.
- Provides information concerning status of clients to correctional agents and other professionals within established guidelines.
- May administer basic first aid as needed.
- Other duties as required.
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Service Awards and Recognition
- Ability to Contribute to 403B
- Employee Assistance Program
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Graduation from high school, HSED, or GED equivalency is preferred.
This position may require One (1) year of work experience, preferably involving care or supervision of client.
Training from a recognized college or university with several courses in social work, psychology, sociology, or a closely related field may substitute for the work experience.
Addictions or correctional experience is preferred and may be required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
The incumbent of this position must have a valid Driver’s License and car – Motor vehicle check (MVR) with a satisfactory driving record required.
Must pass a Caregiver Background Check according to program regulations. First Aid training, and CPR Certificate (when required) preferred but may be obtained after hire.
In the course of the work day, the employee may be traveling to a variety of locations.
Discover what makes Lutheran Social Services a great place that helps improve the quality of peoples’ lives – one grace-filled life at a time.
We want you! Apply today to join our team.
To learn more about our culture,
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
||Send This Job to a Friend