||Community Supported Living Agent-Entry Level Position
||2200 - Rice Lake CSL
||1st & 2nd Shift
|Hours per Week
Do you enjoy trying new things in your community? Are you interested in helping individuals get involved in their community? Do you have a flexible schedule?
Lutheran Social Services of WI & Upper MI is currently seeking a Community Supported Living Agent to provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, individuals who are aging and/ or individuals who have a mental illness as they strive to connect to
their interests within the community and maintain their independence at home.
This position is supporting individuals in their own homes. Successful candidates would possess the following skills: able to work 1:1 as well as with a team; able to teach daily living skills tailored to an individual's style of learning; patience and
flexibility; knowledge of community resources; and great communication skills.
Please keep in mind schedules are determined based on the needs of the clients and may include day, night, and weekend hours.
We look forward to hearing from qualified candidates, who are looking to help individuals live life to the fullest!
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Supports and cares for individuals within established policies and procedures.
- Interacts with individuals on one-to-one or group basis providing guidance and a positive supportive influence.
- Provides documentation according to individual services and LSS best practices.
- Assists individuals in performing personal care, meal preparation, medication administration, recreational activities, obtaining appropriate health care, and community involvement. May provide limited health care such as administering tube feedings and
obtaining vital signs.
- Performs general housekeeping, laundry, and outdoor maintenance duties.
- Transports and accompanies individuals to meetings, services, appointments, and other activities.
- May purchase supplies and/or groceries for the program.
- Advocates for individuals in the community.
- Provides information concerning the status of individuals to families, guardians, social workers and other professionals within established guidelines.
Keywords: CNA, Certified Nursing Assistant, Personal Care Worker, PCW, DSP, HHA, Home Health Aide, Caregiver
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Graduation from high school or GED equivalency is preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
May be required to have a valid Driver’s License.
Motor vehicle check (MVR) with a satisfactory driving record will be required when a license is required.
Must pass a Caregiver Background Check according to program regulations and LSS best practice. First Aid training, and CPR Certificate (when required) preferred but may be required to obtain after hire.
TRAVEL: Daily local travel may be required.
Discover what makes Lutheran Social Services a great place that helps improve the quality of peoples’ lives – one grace-filled life at a time.
We want you! Apply today to join our team.
To learn more about our culture,
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
||Send This Job to a Friend