||Special Needs Adoption Social Worker
||5141 - Special Needs Adoption
|Hours per Week
Lutheran Social Services of WI & Upper MI is currently seeking an Adoption-Birth Parent Counselor to split their time between the Special Needs Adoption Program and the Domestic/International Adoption Programs.
An Adoption and Birth Parent Worker / Counselor coordinates adoption services to birth parent(s), adoptive parents, and children, in keeping with agency policies, goals, and regulatory requirements. May perform other duties as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruitment of families
- Assessment of families
- Coordination and presentation of education groups
- Audit case records
- Ensure file and actions comply and meet COA and applicable state standards (WI or MI)
- Provide counseling / supportive services for birth parents, families and children
- Assist birth parent regarding placement of child and termination of parental rights, provide court testimony and reports as required
- Supervise placement of child until legal finalization and or re-finalization
- Facilitate face to face meetings between birth parent, adoptive family and child
- Work with multidisciplinary teams including private and governmental organizations
- Have working knowledge of necessary codes for particular state, licensing and statute requirements, such as DCF 50, 56, and Chapter 48, DHS Rules R400.12101 - R400.12713 Social Work Ethics, HIPPA, etc. Requirements depend on state.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending for Dependent & Health Care
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Ability to Contribute to 403B
- Employee Assistance Program
- Service Awards and Recognition
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or closely related Human Services Field
- A Master’s Degree in Social Work or counseling is preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years of related experience is required.
- SAFE Certification preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
The incumbent of this position must have a valid Driver’s License and car – Motor vehicle check (MVR) will a satisfactory driving record required.
- Must be a licensed social worker / counselor or have the ability to become licensed if required by state statute.
Ability to travel on day trips as required up to 75%. Some overnight travel may be required.
Discover what makes Lutheran Social Services a great place that helps improve the quality of peoples’ lives – one grace-filled life at a time.
We want you! Apply today to join our team.
To learn more about our culture,
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
||Send This Job to a Friend