||Social Worker- Foster Care Services
||3576 - Treatment Foster Care
||Based on experience
||1st & 2nd Shift
|Hours per Week
Lutheran Social Services of WI & Upper MI is currently seeking a Social Worker - Foster Care Services for our Eau Claire office. The position is primarily 1st shift, though some flexibility is required as home visits may need to extend into evening hours
to accommodate the foster parents' schedules.
The Social Worker - Foster Care Services delivers trauma-informed professional level social work case management services to children placed in foster care; assesses, treats and evaluates clients; trains, certifies and supports foster parents; and performs
other duties as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Network, both formally and informally, with professionals in the community.
- Provide on-call crisis services as assigned.
- Follow all LSS policies and procedures regarding confidentiality and disclosure (HIPPA).
- Attend regular staff meetings, individual supervision and program meetings.
- Continuing education as directed by supervisor and/or selected by staff.
- Respond to foster parent inquiries via phone or email.
- Complete a log of such inquiries and submit quarterly to supervisor.
- License/re-license homes according to DCF 56 standards (in consult with supervisor).
- Maintain files/licenses of existing homes (hard and electronic copies).
- Provide pre-service and ongoing training to foster parents.
- Research available training and inform foster parents of opportunities as they become available; quarterly at minimum.
- Conduct annual foster parent evaluations (in consult with supervisor).
- Implement work plans, corrective action, and revocation when necessary (in consult with supervisor).
- Provide support and connect foster parents to needed resources.
- Screen referrals and inform placement decisions (in consult with supervisor)
- Facilitate placement, both planned and emergency (in consult with supervisor)
- Coordinate and facilitate case management services for children/youth in care.
- Provide support and connect foster parents with local resources.
- Coordinate and facilitate team meetings.
- Conduct assessments and complete support, treatment and independent living plans according to the expectations set forth in the Foster Care Services Handbook and/or on the audit checklist.
- Meet with clients weekly, bi-weekly, or as otherwise needed.
- Complete necessary documentation and maintain client files (hard and electronic copies).
- Maintain records of respite services.
- Run background checks and call references, as needed.
- Attend permanency plan reviews and court hearings, as needed.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending for Dependent & Health Care
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Ability to Contribute to 403B
- Employee Assistance Program
- Service Awards and Recognition
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Social Work or a Master's Degree in Counseling, Psychology or Sociology is required.
- A minimum two years of experience working in Human Services or Social Work field is also required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and car – Motor vehicle check (MVR) with a satisfactory driving record required.
- Certification/Licensure is required (CSW, APSW, LCSW or ability to become certified).
Discover what makes Lutheran Social Services a great place that helps improve the quality of peoples’ lives – one grace-filled life at a time.
We want you! Apply today to join our team.
To learn more about our culture,
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
||Send This Job to a Friend