Maintaining a safe work environment is a core value at Icicle Seafoods. The Security Officer will be responsible for standing guard (onboard the vessel/at the bottom of the gangway), monitoring visitor and other activity around the vessel, and conducting security
patrols around the vessel exterior and bunkhouse living area on shore. Qualified candidates must be willing and able to comply with all company policies and procedures. The Security Officer will live onsite in the company provided bunkhouse and meals will
be provided each day in the vessel galley.
• Depends on experience. Transportation is provided from/to Seattle upon completion of contract. Room and Board provided. Benefits provided upon eligibility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Sign personnel in and out as they depart from and return to the vessel.
• Ensure that personnel boarding the vessel are following Icicle’s policies.
• Perform periodic foot patrols of the bunkhouse living area and the exterior of the vessel. Maintain strong communication with the Vessel Manager and Safety Manager.
• Prepare daily reports at end of shift.
• Support the Safety Manager when needed.
• Perform luggage and bag searches for new and returning employees and visitors.
• Ensure all daily tasks are completed in compliance with vessel safety program.
• Other duties as assigned.
||SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Previous experience in Security field required. Security experience in cold conditions is preferred.
• Previous experience working with and around docks/boats preferred.
• Previous experience in conflict resolution preferred.
• Have or willing to obtain CPR/First Aid training.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Prompt and reliable attendance is an essential function of this position.
• Must have the ability to work well under pressure, 12 or more hours per day, 7 days per week.
• Must have the ability to work long hours on your feet (standing/walking) or sitting 12 hours per day, 7 days a week).
• Must be willing and able to live and work in confined quarters in a multi-cultural environment.
• Must be professional at all times and abide by all company policies.
• Ability to work in remote Alaska for approximately 3-4 months at a time. Some of this time may be spent at other Icicle facilities, depending on need. The work schedule in Alaska requires long hours, up to 16-hours per day and 7 days per week.
• Must be able to work 7 days per week, 12 or more hours per day in wet and cold conditions. This position will primarily be outdoors; however, some duties may require work throughout the production facility. There are areas within the vessel that contain moving
and loud machinery, and hearing protection and other safety and protective equipment is required.
||Send This Job to a Friend