||Title of Position: Facility Maintenance Manager
Work Location: Wood River, Alaska
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the daily maintenance and mechanical needs of the Wood River facility to ensure optimal performance. Qualified candidates must be a diligent self-motivated individual with strong inter-personal skills and possess a
high level of safety awareness, and mechanical aptitude with the ability to independently exercise sound decision-making.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with department managers to delegate on-site maintenance tasks.
• Ensure departments maintain and accurately update all maintenance records for equipment on site. Work with departments to establish a maintenance schedule for all plant equipment, including a checklist for PM.
• Delegate crew to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, and plumbing problems as they occur.
• Work with Safety Manager to properly train maintenance crew on safe-handling of equipment.
• Oversee and document maintenance work orders in accordance with regulatory compliance.
• Research parts and submit purchase requests in a timely and organized manner.
• Coach, train and develop team members. Provide oversight and monitor personnel performance.
• Collaborate with the department managers in evaluating current processes and ideas for future improvements.
• Other duties as assigned.
||Qualifications and Requirements:
• 5+ year previous mechanical, electrical, plumbing, welding and carpentry experience is required.
• Food processing facility experience preferred.
• Previous experience operating forklifts and backhoes is required.
• Intermediate computers skills including email, Microsoft office.
• Travel between Seattle and Dillingham will be required in order to meet facility maintenance needs.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Availability to work 12+ hours/day 7 days a week, in extreme weather conditions.
• Must be self-motivated and work well either independently, or with a team.
• Participate in hiring of maintenance crew by department.
• Must have strong communication and organizational skills.
• Maintain a positive and motivating attitude during difficult situations.
• Understand and support Icicle policies and practices.
• Depends on Experience
• Transportation from and to Seattle upon completion of season. Room and Board provided.
||Send This Job to a Friend