||Title of Position: Line Mechanic
Work Location: Wood River
This position is responsible for performing routine, preventative maintenance and parts inventory of the factory equipment such as: fish size sorter, header/gutters, printers, block ejectors, conveyors of all types and sizes. The Line Mechanic is a seasonal
hourly position that reports to the Production Manager and the Plant Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Repairing and maintaining plant equipment and machinery including motors, pumps, conveyors, belting, fish processing equipment, etc.
• Assemble, disassemble, and/or repair equipment when needed.
• Train and guide machine operators safely.
• Maintain current and accurate maintenance logs and work logs.
• Assist Safety Manager with assigned duties when necessary.
• Develop familiarity with the standard operating procedures. (SOPs), OSHA standards, and emergency response procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
||Skills and Qualifications required:
• Previous experience with Salmon processing equipment strongly preferred.
• Previous experience with motors and pumps.
• Basic understanding of mechanical issues.
• Basic knowledge of lock out/tag out procedures.
• Basic knowledge of conveyors and belting as well as basic shop skills necessary.
• Able to work with seafood including various types of fish.
• Welding skills with tig, mig, and stick on materials like steel, aluminum, and stainless steel preferred.
• Able to follow directions and adhere to work rules.
• Prompt, reliable attendance is an essential function of the job.
• Must have the ability to work well under pressure, 12 or more hours per day, 7 days per week.
• Must be willing and able to work with other departments in a team atmosphere and maintain a positive attitude.
• Must be willing and able to live and work in confined quarters in a multi-cultural environment for up to 5 months a year.
• Able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Applicants must be able to work 7 days a week, 12+ hours a day in wet, cold conditions. There are areas within the plant that contain moving and loud machinery, and hearing protection and other safety and protective equipment is required.
• Depends on Experience
• Transportation from and to Seattle upon completion of season. Room and Board provided.
||Send This Job to a Friend