||Quality Assurance Assistant
||Reports to: Quality Assurance (QA) Manager
General Description: Seward Fisheries is looking for an experienced tear down technician to work the 2017 summer beginning in mid-June through the end of August. This is a critical control point position and prompt and reliable attendance is an essential function
of this position. The job is located in Seward, Alaska.
1. Candidate should have experience to perform a complete tear down of one can from every head of every seamer every 4 hours or after a major seam jam for visual examination and measurement as follows:
• Calibrates the micrometer and countersink gauge.
• Measures the countersink, width, thickness, and vacuum.
• Removes the center of the lid with a sanitary can opener.
• Uses the tin saw to cut the seam at the point of greatest width and at the diametrically opposed point.
• Rips off the excess lid metal and taps the cover hook off.
• Measures the cover hook and body hook, and examines the pressure ridge and tightness wrinkles.
• Uses the Seam scope to measure the overlap and the body hook butting (BHB).
• CMC Kuhnke Seam Scope or similar tear down equipment is preferred.
2. Performs a sanitation inspection of the can loft area prior to production commencing and ensures corrective actions are taken.
3. Monitors the salt sieves and salt hoppers in the can loft ensuring proper salt is being used and no contaminants are in the salt.
4. Performs an hourly inspection of tin bodies and ends using the Tin Defects Manual as a guide.
5. Calibrates all equipment (thermometers, gram scales, micrometers, deflection gages, etc.) and assigns them to QA dudders and line monitors.
6. Documents data obtained during all quality assurance activities, consistent with HACCP standards and company policies and procedures.
7. Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities to production and QA management.
8. Work hours vary depending on arrival of the fish to the dock.
9. All applicants must pass a background check and fill out an on-line application.
10. Please send resume to deniecer@Icicleseafoods.com and email@example.com
Go to www.icicleseafoods.com and apply for the QA asst. job# 17-0039