||This is an HR position that is primarily focused on recruitment and recruiting activities to fully staff Icicle’s Western Alaska operations. These duties include, but are not limited to, coordinating and implementing the recruiting plan for the Western
Alaska HR department, identifying recruitment sources and establishing and maintaining relationships with new and existing recruitment sources, making recommendations for any changes to existing recruitment plan, and maintaining recruitment metrics and data
to capture the success rate of hiring sources and initiatives. This position manages the full-cycle recruitment process and provides back-up support to the Western Alaska HR staff by assisting with candidate and employee questions, filing, completing paperwork,
data-entry and coverage of the department reception desk as needed. This is a year-round, exempt position that reports to the Manager of Alaska Recruitment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Recruits, screens and selects production personnel for work within Icicle’s Western Alaska locations.
• Implement and maintain an on-going recruiting program by identifying recruitment sources such as state employment centers, schools, and community organizations, and by establishing and cultivating a long-term working relationship with these sources.
• Promote the work opportunities of Western Alaska operations by executing a marketing plan through various media to attract potential candidates and accurately portray living and working conditions.
• Charged with full-cycle recruitment including screening candidate applications, setting up recruiting events, presenting employment information to groups, conducting interviews, performing reference checks, following up with applicants and providing customer
• Maintain recruitment metrics and data to capture the success rate for hiring sources and initiatives, to include quantitative and qualitative measures.
• Work with Operations Managers and the HR Representative assigned to each work location to establish recruiting strategies and hiring targets prior to each season.
• Develop a pool of candidates to ensure that each location is fully staffed during the season.
• Provide support and back-up to the Western Alaska HR staff by assisting with customer service, completing paperwork, filing, data-entry, and coverage of reception desk as needed.
• Follows up with employees who take a leave of absence to ensure they provide appropriate documentation in a timely manner.
• May interface with employee’s family members to answer questions or assist with communication.
• Acts as first line of communication regarding workplace complaints and escalates serious matters to HR management.
• Responsible for Manage recruiting activities for one at least Western Alaska location each season.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Able to strictly follow company policies and procedures.
• Knowledgeable of applicable government regulations regarding employment practices.
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Able to interact and communicate positively and professionally in person, on the phone and in writing with individuals of all levels and diverse backgrounds.
• Able to maintain composure during busy times and challenging situations displaying a cheerful, can-do demeanor.
• Previous data entry experience. Intermediate MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) skills. Previous HRIS experience preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required as well as polished public speaking and presentation skills.
• Able to work independently to complete assigned tasks and to work well with other members to complete tasks assigned to the HR Team.
• Able and willing to travel, work overtime and weekends as required. Travel may be up to 40% during high volume recruiting periods that may likely occur in December/January and April through August.
• Seafood industry experience preferred. Prompt and reliable attendance is an essential function of this position.
• Able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.