||Rolling Stock Mechanic
||POSITION: ROLLING STOCK MECHANIC
LOCATION: WOOD RIVER
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: This position is responsible for the maintenance and repair of the plant vehicles, small engines, hydraulic system, and crane. This includes diesel and gasoline trucks, forklifts, backhoes, and outboard motors. Assist with power plant operations
and fuel transfers. Reports to the Facility Maintenance Mgr.
• Establish a regular preventative maintenance schedule for all vehicles in the plant’s fleet.
• A survey of the existing inventory with an eye to long-term goals.
• Expeditious resuscitation of varying engine and power train systems.
• Routine service on ignition, battery, and other operating systems.
• Change and repair tires as needed.
• Ensure a safe and orderly workshop.
• Maintain an on-site parts inventory and track hours and materials used.
• Winterization of vehicles and the post-season ordering of parts and supplies.
• Assistance with other plant and company projects as needed.
• Order parts and maintain inventory of critical supplies.
• Other duties assigned as needed.
• 3 years of previous experience as a vehicle mechanic.
• A working understanding of gasoline, diesel, and propane engines.
• Comprehensive knowledge of all other vehicle operating systems.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills and a quick learner.
• A familiarity with hydraulics, marine and two-stroke engines helpful.
• Capable of working outdoors in Alaskan field conditions as needed.
• Accustomed and adaptable to occasional part shortages.
• Good communication skills and an amiable representative of Icicle Seafoods.
• Able to perform well under stress 7 days/week, perhaps up to 16+ hours/day.
• An enthusiasm to assist in other plant projects and grow with the facility.
• Willing to live and work in a remote location 4 – 5 months during the summer.
DURATION: Late March - Mid August.
This job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of the position.
COMPENSATION: This is a non-exempt, hourly position. Wage depends upon experience. Transportation, room and board are included. This position is open until filled.
||Send This Job to a Friend