||Front Dock / Beach Crew
||Dillingham - Naknek
||Title of Position: BEACH GANG ASSISTANT
Work Location: NAKNEK
The primary job responsibility of the beach gang is to move, organize, and keep track of fisherman gear/freight. The beach gang will load and deliver nets/gear to boats on-land, as well as at the dock. Beach gang will be responsible for organizing, staging,
logging, and helping to load gear onto tenders at the dock. There will also be miscellaneous tasks including, but not limited to, landscaping around the buildings, picking up freight from air cargo, building maintenance, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate gear pick- ups and drop offs with fishermen and net hangers
• Keep net yard organized and clean
• Keep logs of incoming and outgoing nets and gear
• Work with port engineers to stage and move gear on and off the dock
• Work with tendermen to load and offload gear from tenders
• Other duties as assigned
||Skill and experience required:
• Must have a current driver’s license
• Must be able to lift 50+ lbs
• Must be able to drive a manual transmission
• Prior crane experience is a plus
• Must be able to take direction without question or argument
• Must be able to work with a wide variety of people
• Must have general computer knowledge in order to keep and update logs
• Must be willing to work all hours of the day and night
• Must be able to take instruction and complete any tasks asked, without question
• Must be able to switch roles at a moment’s notice in order to help with new tasks
• Ability to perform multiple tasks with minimal supervision
• Must have the ability to work well under pressure, 12 or more hours per day, 7 days per week
• Must be willing to live and work in confined quarters
• Must be reliable and prompt
• Ability to work in remote Alaska for approximately three months, May 1st until Aug 1st. Must be able to work 12 or more hours a day, 7 days a week in an intense fast paced environment. You will often be working with the tides, meaning early morning, late
night, or middle of the night dock appointments.
• The Naknek facility is a support office, on land, where no processing takes place. We do all data entry for Bristol Bay and provide fleet support, as well as support for our land plants and floating processors.
• Transportation, room and board included.
||Send This Job to a Friend