||Port - Skilled Laborer
||Title of Position: Skilled Construction/Carpentry Laborer
Work Location: Wood River, Alaska
Reports to: Cap-ex Projects Manager
Icicle Seafoods is expanding one of their work sites and is looking to hire a Skilled Construction/Carpentry Laborer. This position is responsible for completing construction and carpentry projects as assigned. Qualified candidates must be able to follow instructions
and work well in a team. This person must have strong inter-personal skills, and possess a high level of safety awareness and mechanical aptitude with the ability to independently exercise sound decision-making.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with department manager to ensure construction projects are completed to specifications and in a timely manner.
• Carry out concrete construction projects such as building and setting concrete forms, pouring, mixing, and finishing concrete, in a professional and tradesman like manner
• Erecting and remodeling commercial and residential structures (wood frame and prefabricated metal) as well as all of the standard trade work that goes with that (i.e. glazing, stairs, setting doors, etc.)
• Unload and load construction materials.
• Other duties as assigned. All team members must be flexible and willing to learn and use new skills quick - there is no such thing as “that’s not my job.” You can and will be trained to do more.
||Qualifications and Requirements:
• 1 year construction experience required.
• 1 year foundation experience is required - creating foundation forms and finishing concrete slabs.
• 1 year framing experience is required.
• Availability to work 12+ hours/day 7 days a week, in extreme weather conditions.
• Must have strong communication and organizational skills.
• Maintain a positive and motivating attitude during difficult situations.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
• Understand and support Icicle policies and practices.
• Ability to work in remote Alaska for approximately 8 weeks, April-June, or until the job is complete. Must be able to work 12 or more hours a day, 7 days a week in an intense fast-paced environment.
• Transportation from and to Seattle upon completion of season. Room and Board provided.
||Send This Job to a Friend