||Seattle Office - Headquarters
||The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant receives all guests of the Western Alaska Recruiting Office in Seattle by greeting and welcoming visitors at the Reception Desk and by answering and routing incoming calls and emails. Provides excellent customer
service to applicants, employees, visitors and internal customers by providing information, answering questions, connecting them to the correct resource person, and following-up as needed. Responsible for providing full administrative support to the Western
Alaska Personnel department. This position is a salaried non-exempt position that reports to the Manager of Alaska Recruitment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Answers and routes a high volume number of incoming calls through a 3-lined telephone system. Responds to and routes incoming emails. Coordinates incoming and outgoing departmental mail daily.
• Greets and receives all visitors to the Western Alaska Recruitment Office including employees and applicants.
• Provides excellent customer service to applicants, employees, visitors and internal customers by providing information, answering questions, connecting them with the right resource person, and following-up as needed.
• Responsible for mass communications by organizing and executing mass mailings.
• Assists employees in resolving various personnel-related matters by providing information, referring employees to resource personnel, and following-up.
• Assists with recruiting processes by providing information to applicants about work opportunities and the hiring process, setting up employment information meetings and scheduling participants, assisting participants with required forms as needed, and providing
administrative support such as communicating with applicants including informing them of hiring decisions, assisting with reference checking, and entering background results into the Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
• Assists with the hiring process by setting up on-boarding meetings and scheduling candidates; assisting with the creation of new hire packets and employee files, routing and filing paperwork, and entering personnel data into the HRIS.
• Provides administrative support such as organizing and managing spreadsheets of personnel data and handling assigned projects.
• Maintains the Reception by managing and assisting large groups of applicants and employees.
• Demonstrates high ethical personal and professional behavior.
• Ensures that front office area, conference rooms and shared office spaces are neat and organized.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
||• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Clear, effective and professional verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
• Strong computer skills including use of Microsoft Office.
• Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize quickly and readjust as priorities change.
• Able to maintain a calm, courteous and professional demeanor at all times.
• Ability to be flexible, take initiative, and follow-through.
• Available to work overtime when necessary, especially during peak hiring periods.
• Prompt, regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this position.
• Prior seafood industry experience is preferred.
• Previous HR experience is preferred.
This position is based in the corporate office which is located in Seattle, Washington and will require prompt and reliable attendance into the office during core business hours as face time in the office is a key company value. The schedule for this position
will be Monday-Friday, 7:45am – 5:00pm. Please note that this position may require some extended hours (mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays, etc.) in order to meet business needs during peak seasons.
||Send This Job to a Friend