||Cleaner – Kahului
Start your aviation career with Hawaiian Airlines at the Kahului airport!
As a cleaner with our Kahului ‘ohana, you will:
Earn $15 per hour with pay increases (in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement),
Learn new skills when you attend our PAID training courses, and
Receive a $3,500 sign-on bonus after completing training for the Cleaner – Kahului position
Apply below with your resume TODAY!
At Hawaiian Airlines, we are about welcoming our guests with Hawaiian hospitality and aloha, and taking care of our people, our home and the communities we serve. Join our ‘ohana and be a part of an exciting team of professionals dedicated to serving our kama‘āina and introducing our islands to the world!
Candidates applying to this requisition may be considered for current and future openings. The interview process consists of the following:
- A 60-minute group video interview
- A 30-minute on-site final interview
Candidates successful in the interview process may be invited to paid classroom training. Training is four days in Honolulu on weekdays, 8 hours per day.
The job of the cleaner is to ensure all Hawaiian Airlines aircraft are cleaned and polished on a regular basis in order to maintain the highest standards of appearance while adhering to the Aircraft Appearance program.
Duties of a cleaner include but are not limited to: stocking of supplies for cleaning; restocking laundry supplies and company literature in aircraft; interior turn cleaning; seat cover replacement; interior cleaning; interior overnight heavy cleaning; exterior cleaning; and exterior polishing.
The duties will depend on the shift an employee is assigned to.
Pay and Benefits
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement and the pay for this position is $15.00 per hour.
Medical, dental, vision and flight benefits are provided in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
Per the collective bargaining agreement, work schedules are awarded based on seniority. New hires are awarded their initial shift based on operational need. You will be awarded a full-time or part-time shift and you must be able to accept the shift awarded to you.
Work schedules are set, 5 days on, 2 days off. Shifts do not change unless there is an operational need.
Part-time is 5 to 6 hours per shift and Full-Time is 8 hours per shift. Based on operational need, you may need to report to work early and/or work beyond your scheduled end time. Part-time employees may be extended to full-time hours based on operational need.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Minimum age 18 years old
- Possess at least a high school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license issued in the United States (driver’s permits and provisional driver’s licenses not allowed)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to accept any work shift awarded
- Must be able to constantly work in Weather / Extremes of Hot / Noise Intensity / Vibration / Atmosphere (Dust, Fumes, Mists, Gases, Poor Ventilation) / Mechanical Parts (Moving Machinery) / Heights
- Possess strong two-way communication skills (sending and receiving information)
- Able to fluently read, write, speak and understand English
- Able to work in stressful situations and tight time constraints
- Be self-motivated and a team player
- Ability to complete pre-employment drug test and if hired, random drug testing
- Ability to fulfill comprehensive background checks and fingerprinting to satisfy company security requirements and obtain various clearances to work at the airport (SIDA, Customs, USPS as applicable)
- Must provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination by date of training
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian® has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past 17 years (2004-2020) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys by
Condé Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawai‘i.
Now in its 92nd year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawai‘i's biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers nonstop flights within the Hawaiian Islands, between Hawai‘i and more U.S. gateway cities (16) than any other airline, as well as service connecting the islands with Japan and South Korea. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, Hawaiian has temporarily suspended service in Australia, New Zealand, American Samoa and Tahiti.
The airline is committed to the health and safety of its guests and employees and has reinforced enhanced cleaning procedures across its business. While the experience may be a little different, the authentic Hawaiian hospitality remains unchanged. Additional details on how Hawaiian is keeping guests and employees safe can be found at
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available at
HawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian’s Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir), become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines), and follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian’s
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines’
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
||Send This Job to a Friend