||Aircrew Instructor, Flight Training
||Training & Development
At Hawaiian Airlines, we are all about welcoming our guests with Hawaiian hospitality and aloha, and taking care of our people, our home and the communities we serve. Join our ‘ohana and be a part of an exciting team of professionals dedicated to serving our kama‘āina and introducing our islands to the world!
The Aircrew Instructor, Flight Training, develops, maintains and facilitates various pilot and other ground training courses.
- Provide support, facilitation, and instruction for ground training courses for pilots
- Facilitate courses including general subjects, pilot indoctrination, performance, and aircraft systems, in both a classroom setting and utilizing flight training devices such as a Virtual Procedures Trainer (VPT) or Flight Training Device (FTD)
- Develops and maintains lesson plans, instructor guides, and curriculum for classroom, home based, and computer-based training
- Administrates computer-based training to ensure the training is adequate for the type training for which they are used
- Perform administrative duties to include but not limited to: 1) Developing, administering and grading exams; 2) producing accurate and complete rosters and training records
- Coordinate with other company trainers on standardized information
- Professional development and other related duties as assigned
***DOT Regulation, 14 CFR Part 120 Subpart E 120.105-120.109 identifies this position as performing safety sensitive functions. Prior to any offer of employment or transfer into this position you will be required to submit to a DOT Pre-employment drug test for evidence of Marijuana, Cocaine, Opiates, Phencyclidine (PCP), and Amphetamines or a metabolite of those drugs.
- High school diploma or its equivalent is required
- Requires experience in aviation, preferably part 121 experience
- Requires excellent written and oral communications skills and maintain a disciplined attitude toward the highest training standards and company requirements
- Proven public speaking ability and effectiveness in conduction classroom instruction is required
- Requires detail-oriented, attention to accuracy and commitment to the highest quality of presentation (verbal and written; professionalism in dress, grooming, and professional presence
- Demonstrated computer literacy in Word and PowerPoint (Excel is a plus); with knowledge of and comfort with computer systems being required
- College Degree
- Boeing 717, 787, Airbus A330, A321 knowledge and experience or type rating preferred
- ETOPS and International operations experience preferred
- Experience in curriculum design for adult learning preferred
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian® has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past 16 years (2004-2019) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys by
Condé Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawai‘i.
Now in its 91st year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawai‘i's biggest and longest-serving airline. In 2019, Hawaiian offered nonstop flights between Hawai‘i and more U.S. gateway cities (13) than any other airline, along with service connecting the islands with Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, American Samoa and Tahiti. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, Hawaiian is operating an adjusted schedule of daily flights within the Hawaiian Islands and between Hawai‘i and the U.S. west coast to support essential travel and critical cargo services.
The airline is committed to the health and safety of its guests and employees and has reinforced enhanced cleaning procedures across its business. While the experience may be a little different, the authentic Hawaiian hospitality remains unchanged. Additional details on how Hawaiian is keeping guests and employees safe can be found at
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available at
HawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian’s Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir), become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines), and follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian’s
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines’
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
||Send This Job to a Friend