||Lead Business Functional Analyst, Maintenance Process & Technology
||Maintenance & Engineering
This position is responsible for leading a team of business functional analysts while functioning as a business functional analyst to support all the initiatives pertaining to process and technology in Maintenance and Engineering.
- Adopts industry standard processes and be a catalyst for continuous improvement in each of the assigned areas (Line Mx, Base Mx, Engineering, Purchasing, Finance, Accounting, Shops, Supply, and Quality Assurance)
- Applies DMAIC methodology for continuous improvement in Maintenance & Engineering and other supporting processes for assigned areas
- Works with business process owners and subject matter experts (SMEs) to map functional processes in each of the departments assigned
- Works closely with departments to develop scripts, testing schedules and test processes
- Works with assigned departments to transfer the knowledge that was gained during the testing and also train new hires in the departmental processes and procedures
- Update the user guides to reflect the current and future processes and procedures
- Creates seamless continuity with other departments where there is overlap in functionality
- Provide operational support to end users, troubleshoot as needed, in the use of various M&E systems including TRAX, Boeing Toolbox, Airbus World, FlyDocs, etc.
- Escalates to Manager of Process & Technology for guidance as necessary
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field
- Two years experience working primarily as a business analyst or in a related role
- Two years experience working in the airline industry with strong knowledge of Maintenance & Engineering technologies and processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Aviation Maintenance Management
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma (LSS), particularly the application of DMAIC methodology for process improvement
- Self driven to bring about positive change in the areas they represent with excellent communication skills
- Experience in producing business requirements for technology enablement
- Experience in the development of testing scripts, user guides and training material
- Advanced level of competency with office productivity tools such as MS Office and process mapping tools such as Visio
- Ability to communicate effectively across departments and within departments at all levels of the organization to include development of presentation materials
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian® has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past 15 years (2004-2018) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys by
Condé Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawai‘i.
Now in its 90th year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawaii’s biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers non-stop service to Hawai‘i from more U.S. gateway cities (13) than any other airline, along with service from Japan, South Korea, Australia,
New Zealand, American Samoa and Tahiti. Hawaiian also provides, on average, more than 170 jet flights daily between the Hawaiian Islands, and over 260 daily flights system-wide.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available at
HawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian’s Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir), become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines),
and follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian’s
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines’
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend