||Senior Software Developer Engineer, IT - Corporate Functions, Financial Systems
Members of the Hawaiian Airlines Software Developer Engineer Team create the software and technical solutions that run the company. Our team contains individuals with a wide array of skills encompassing the breadth of coding languages/tools (SQL, PL/SQL,
PeopleCode, Application Engine, PeopleTools, Workflow, Integration Broker, PHIRE, Data Mover, SQL Loader, SQL Developer, BI Publisher, Query, nVision.). They are responsible for understanding business requirements, comprehending the technical design for the
solution, conceiving and writing detailed software implementations/code, as well as ensuring their solutions adhere to the security, logging, error handling, and performance specifications.
Senior Software Developer Engineers have acquired deep technical expertise as well as communication (oral and written), facilitation, and architecture skills. Having this, they are key partners with Business Analysts to consult with the business about technical
possibilities and futures. Additionally, they may be required to supervise junior team members.
This position is heavily focused on Oracle cloud and non-cloud financial applications, other financial applications, and systems used in support of those applications.
- Top Technician/Subject Matter Expert within their IT team
- Provide leadership in key interactions with business customers to define, analyze, and deliver customer requirements
- Provide leadership as a communications liaison between the business customer and the technology development and support groups
- Provide leadership for system and acceptance testing and immediate response to production program problems
- Develop or approve detail program specifications and manage project activities, including time estimates and progress reports
- Work across projects to synchronize data analysis efforts and deliverables
- Facilitate or complete analysis, design and programming of viable solutions to high complexity business problems according to user specifications and recommend actions for problem resolution
- Identify and recommend emerging technologies and process or system enhancements to business customer
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of professional work experience and education
- 5 years work experience in Information Technology environment with advanced knowledge of desired programming languages
- Supervisory/Leadership experience over multiple development efforts and work teams
- B.S./B.A. or M.B.A./M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems and/or equivalent formal training or work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of software development practice, concepts, technology and methodology obtained through formal training, and work experience
- Advanced knowledge of technical/business environment
- Ability to provide leadership within a specific technology area or across multiple technology areas, to complete root-cause analysis, design solutions, write code, perform testing, provide documentation, and implement large/multiple development projects
- Leadership experience over multiple development efforts and work teams
- Demonstrate advanced understanding of business processes being supported by assigned system(s)
- Demonstrate proficient understanding of business processes across multiple business customers
- Experience customizing and supporting PeopleSoft Financials applications (Asset Management, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Billing, Project Costing, Purchasing, eProcurement)
- Experience using PeopleTools 8.56+
- Experience administering Oracle Cloud PBCS or Hyperion
- Oracle DBA knowledge 12c or above
Professional Skill Qualifications
- Excellent partnering, communication, and negotiation skills so as to effectively serve as a lead liaison between business customers and technology development and support groups
- Ability to work effectively in a strong customer service/team oriented environment
- Ability to coach the technical development of junior team members
- Ability to analyze and resolve multiple complex problems
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian® has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past 15 years (2004-2018) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys by
Condé Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawai‘i.
Now in its 90th year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawaii’s biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers non-stop service to Hawai‘i from more U.S. gateway cities (13) than any other airline, along with service from Japan, South Korea, Australia,
New Zealand, American Samoa and Tahiti. Hawaiian also provides, on average, more than 170 jet flights daily between the Hawaiian Islands, and over 260 daily flights system-wide.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available at
HawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian’s Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir), become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines),
and follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian’s
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines’
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend