||Software Developer Engineer, IT - Commercial, Web
The Web team at Hawaiian Airlines is responsible for delivering customer-focused solutions that solve our business needs for hawaiianairlines.com. We build highly scalable Web Applications and Services that enable our guests to book their travel, manage
itineraries, complete their travel plans and earn loyalty rewards through millions of interactions each day.
Members of the Hawaiian Airlines Software Development Engineering Team at our new Phoenix Technology Center create the software and technical solutions that run the company. Our team contains individuals with a wide array of skills encompassing the breadth
of coding languages (e.g. C, C#, C++, JAVA, Ruby, Python etc.). They are responsible for understanding business requirements, comprehending the technical design for the solution, conceiving and writing detailed software implementations/code, as well as ensuring
their solutions adhere to the security, logging, error handling, and performance specifications.
Software Development Engineers independently complete root-cause analysis, design solutions, write code, perform testing, provide documentation, and implement medium size development projects or major components of large projects within a specific technology.
Additionally, they may be required to mentor and advise junior team members.
- Interact with business customers to define, analyze, and deliver internal and external customer requirements
- Develop and demonstrate proficient understanding of business processes being supported by assigned system(s) across multiple business customers
- Serve as a communications liaison between the business customer and the technology development and support groups
- Document and communicate assigned work and progress to immediate project team and communicates problems or issues promptly
- Analyze, design, program viable solutions for and/or resolve medium complexity business problems according to user specifications and develops detail program specifications
- Evaluate and recommend emerging technologies; Identify process or system enhancements for business customers
- Test and implement system and enhancements using techniques that preserve system integrity
- Responsible for immediate response to production program problems
- Contribute the automation repository to ensure the highest quality product
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of professional work experience and education
- 2+ years' work experience in Information Technology or business environment
- Minimum of 1-year experience working through the Software Development Life Cycle process
- Basic knowledge with any of Selenium, ReadyAPI, CloudTest, eMpulse, PowerShell
- B.S./B.A. in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems and/or equivalent formal training or work experience
- Proficient knowledge of software development practice, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and work experience
- Ability to build solutions that do not require programmer intervention to perform standard business maintenance / configuration
- Understands the core business processes involved in their area of expertise
- Ability to participate and engage with the appropriate matrix areas for the construction and delivery of the solution
- Ability to write/configure/develop software and code-driven solutions
- Ability to decompose business requirements and translate them into detailed design specifications and code
- Ability to build solutions that utilize the enterprise monitoring/logging frameworks , are “self-healing” and that require minimal to zero maintenance
- Ability, within a specific technology area to independently complete root-cause analysis, design solutions, write code, perform testing, provide documentation, and implement medium size development projects or major components of large projects
- Ability to review the technical work of less senior Developers
Professional Skill Qualifications
- Excellent partnering, communication, and negotiation skills
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems of typical complexity
- Ability to work effectively in a strong customer service/team oriented environment
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage projects using the organization’s project management methodology
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian® has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past 15 years (2004-2018) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys by
Condé Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawai‘i.
Now in its 90th year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawaii’s biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers non-stop service to Hawai‘i from more U.S. gateway cities (13) than any other airline, along with service from Japan, South Korea, Australia,
New Zealand, American Samoa and Tahiti. Hawaiian also provides, on average, more than 170 jet flights daily between the Hawaiian Islands, and over 260 daily flights system-wide.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available at
HawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian’s Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir), become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines),
and follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian’s
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines’
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend