Great Lakes Educational Loan Services, Inc. is seeking Java Application Developer Interns to enhance and support our internal and external web-based applications. Specific responsibilities include the analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation,
maintenance and support of these complex business systems.
Great Lakes Educational Loan Services, Inc. is a member of the affiliated group of Great Lakes Higher Education Corporation companies, one of the nation’s largest integrated providers of student loan services.
Positions are open in the following office locations: Madison, WI; Eau Claire, WI; Aberdeen, SD and Rocky Hill, CT.
- Experience using XML, JSON and fixed length files to enable the definition, transmission, validation and interpretation of data between applications and organizations.
- Experience with current web technologies and frameworks on the Java platform, jQuery or AngularJS.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable using an agile development methodology and understanding of on-time/within-budget principles.
- Experience building and maintaining Java applications and web services using Eclipse or IntelliJ.
- Software development experience using SQL.
- Familiarity with queuing technologies.
- Experience using automated build, testing and continuous integration tools in a distributed environment.
Great Lakes is a company that embraces growth, inside and out. Our employees are given experiences, tools, and support to develop personally while also growing their careers. Employees enjoy unique opportunities to change lives locally via our
Great Lakes Gives program in which we support schools near each of our office locations by collecting supplies, snacks, books, and more to help meet the needs of students and staff. On
a broader scale, we are also committed to
investing in our communities via large-scale initiatives. Since 2006, we've committed over $260 million with one goal in mind: to get more students into and through college.
Just as we help student loan customers find solutions that work for their lives, we also equip our employees with tools, benefits, and information to enjoy quality of life through health, work-life balance, financial stability, and career growth. Check out
our outstanding benefit package!
If you like to make a difference and want to have a lot of fun along the way, we encourage you to explore opportunities with Great Lakes at
here to hear firsthand experiences of what it’s like to work at Great Lakes.
Great Lakes has contractual obligations that require criminal, employment and education background investigations as a condition of
employment. H-1B sponsorship (initiation or transfer) is not provided / available.
Great Lakes is an equal opportunity employer of veterans and individuals with disabilities. If you are a veteran or military member approaching the transition to the civilian workforce and would like assistance with the employment process at Great Lakes,
please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We invite all applicants to complete the Voluntary Affirmative Action questions when submitting application materials. The questions are found at the end of the online application
process. To learn more about our commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity, please visit our