||Campus Sonar Strategist
||Madison or Work From Home
Seeking a Strategic, Forward-Thinking Higher Education Leader
We’re seeking a results-driven higher education strategist within a specialized social listening agency that empowers colleges and universities to find and analyze conversations that matter, seize engagement opportunities, and develop data-informed strategies.
The agency, Campus Sonar, is a market leader in social listening and social intelligence solutions for higher education. We’re not a software company. We’re innovators, strategic advisors, and campus partners.
The strategist is equally focused on client needs and committed to data-driven recommendations based on robust analysis. Our clients are leaders on college campuses and often work in marketing/communications, admissions/enrollment management, or advancement/alumni
As our strategist, you will manage a portfolio of up to 30 campus clients/partners. It will be your job to establish the strategic vision with your clients, design an appropriate social listening partnership plan with our research team, translate social
listening data analysis into actionable, strategic insights for clients, and consult on appropriate implementation strategies. You will have a keen eye to spot opportunities and leverage relationships to grow our business, while continually advancing the higher
education industry’s use of social insights to drive strategy.
Campus Sonar’s headquarters is in Madison, WI. Exceptional candidates may be considered for full-time remote positions within the United States. The salary range for this position starts at $65,000.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree is required. A graduate degree in communications, marketing, leadership, or higher education/student affairs is preferred, but not required.
- Five or more years of professional higher education industry experience, preferably working in marketing, enrollment management, or advancement on a college campus.
- Prior experience working in an account management role is preferred, but not required.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel, Office, and PowerPoint.
- Solid understanding of social media, social listening, and social intelligence is preferred, but not required.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in a variety of settings, including online meetings, research presentations, writing for industry publication, and public speaking.
- Innovation orientation; excited and energized to build something new that positively impacts the higher education industry.
- Able to work in a rapidly changing environment; equally comfortable working on a small team or independently.
- Can make new, creative connections between social listening data and campus operations with minimal training; ability to form and communicate a story from data
- Exceptional problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments, adjusting to shifting priorities, evolving standards, and a constantly changing industry.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and understand complex information and make it more accessible to others.
- Demonstrated ability to provide and accept constructive criticism with respect.
- Commitment to collaboration, including the ability to communicate, learn, and work as a positive member of a team. Ability to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization.
Feel Good About Where You Work
Campus Sonar is a division of a for-profit affiliate of Ascendium Education Group, a non-profit dedicated to student success and college access and completion for 50 years. We are committed to doing what’s right for our customers and our community, and we
support local and national education initiatives through personal and corporate philanthropy.
Our employee giving program, Ascendium Cares, is the embodiment of that commitment. We encourage everybody at Ascendium to get involved, whether through a United Way pledge, paid volunteer time off or a range of other fun events that benefit the adopted
nonprofit organization we support in each of our communities.
Nationally, we’ve given more than $250 million to fund research and campus-based access and completion initiatives at colleges and universities. Basically, you’ll feel good about working here. Learn more about our history, culture, and generous benefits
package at https://www.ascendiumeducation.org/careers.
Want to join our team? Submit an application to Ascendium Education Group at
https://www.ascendiumeducation.org/careers. (Here is a
direct link to the posting.) Candidates are strongly encouraged to upload a Word document or PDF that includes a cover letter and resume in addition to filling out the required electronic application. We will continue to review applications until the position
is filled. Questions about the opportunity can be directed to Liz Gross, Campus Sonar CEO, at
The Job Description
Here is what we expect you will be doing on a day-to-day basis.
Client Success and Relationship Management
- Serve as the main point of contact and advocate for assigned clients, ensuring that ongoing communication flows effectively.
- Develop relationships with clients that allow you to understand their key strategic priorities, and recommend social listening analysis that can provide valuable insight.
- Ensure clients get maximum value from our products and services.
- Consistently monitor the industry and provide updates to clients on trends and relevant news.
- Execute customer retention strategies using marketing and sales techniques.
- Identify and share client success stories with the Client Success Manager.
Client Project Management
- Manage and coordinate client projects and take an active role in planning to completion, ensuring that client deliverables are strategically aligned and support client goals.
- Identify and manage communication frequency and type for each client.
- Develop and implement project and partnership timelines for promised work.
- Coordinate the execution of client work with appropriate internal resources (i.e., Analyst, Research Manager, Marketing, Account Executive).
- Partner with assigned Analysts to deliver high-quality social listening research, including actionable insights that draw a connection between data analysis, client strategic objectives, and knowledge of the higher education industry.
- Manage changes in timelines appropriately and communicate them to the client and team.
- Responsible for final review and quality control of client deliverables and troubleshooting problems, using excellent writing and editing skills, as well as a keen understanding of the appropriate social listening approach for client work.
- Identify opportunities to demonstrate Campus Sonar’s thought leadership in the higher education space and in social media intelligence and insights, including but not limited to, publishing articles in industry publications and presenting on relevant topics
at industry conferences and events.
- Develop and present case studies and white papers of interest to the higher education community, including insights into student behavior and strategic campus outcomes.
- Develop and present expertise on specific research methodologies and practices, including social listening.
- Assist Marketing and Communications with development of content for our websites, collateral, and communications that demonstrate our thought leadership in higher education.
Actionable Information and Communications
- Determine the best way to present and share research findings.
- Oversee creation of consistently high-quality and actionable deliverables to campus clients, including research summaries and presentations that highlight key insights.
- Edit Analyst reports for grammar, formatting, and clarity.
- Relying on higher education industry expertise, add actionable strategic insights and recommendations to all deliverables.
- Present research findings and actionable strategic insights clearly and concisely to campus clients through business writing, online presentations, or in-person presentations.
- Communicate data and findings in a way that is easy to read and understand.
- Exhibit progressively increasing strategic understanding of social listening and social data analysis best practices, the needs of the higher education community and other related audiences, and Campus Sonar products and services.
- Exhibit progressively increasing leadership and business development skills.
- Take advantage of training and development opportunities to further hone skill sets and leadership ability.
- Attend industry conferences, up to 10% travel.
- Develop strong partnerships with Campus Sonar peers, as well as those in operational areas of the company.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
||Send This Job to a Friend