Great Lakes Educational Loan Services, Inc. is seeking User Experience / User Interface Designer Interns to assist in the design, development, testing and implementation of web, mobile, and messaging interfaces. We’re looking for someone
with skills and passion about UX, UI, or both! You’ll work with clients, other designers, and developers to create solutions for internal and external needs. You’ll need a solid technical understanding of interface design and development, ADA compliance, user
experience principles, and information architecture. Interest or experience in graphic design is beneficial. This is an opportunity to explore different areas of UX/UI design to see where it may take you.
Great Lakes Educational Loan Services, Inc. is a member of the affiliated group of Great Lakes Higher Education Corporation companies, one of the nation’s largest integrated providers of student loan services.
Positions are open in the following office locations: Madison, WI and Eau Claire, WI.
- Ability to design and create engaging, interactive, user experiences and user interfaces.
- Ability to develop and iterate wireframes, task flows, use cases, mock-ups, and prototypes to communicate your designs effectively.
- Hands on experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable using a disciplined development methodology coupled with an understanding of on-time/within-budget principles.
- Graphic design experience.
- Experience leveraging user test results and research to generate new concepts or iterate existing.
- Hands on experience using HTML, and CSS.
- Ability to convey message and instruction through the use of clean and concise copy.
- Ability to develop using WC3 standards for cross-platform as well as across different browsers.
Great Lakes is a company that embraces growth, inside and out. Our employees are given experiences, tools, and support to develop personally while also growing their careers. Employees enjoy unique opportunities to change lives locally via our
Great Lakes Gives program in which we support schools near each of our office locations by collecting supplies, snacks, books, and more to help meet the needs of students and staff. On
a broader scale, we are also committed to
investing in our communities via large-scale initiatives. Since 2006, we've committed over $260 million with one goal in mind: to get more students into and through college.
Just as we help student loan customers find solutions that work for their lives, we also equip our employees with tools, benefits, and information to enjoy quality of life through health, work-life balance, financial stability, and career growth. Check out
our outstanding benefit package!
If you like to make a difference and want to have a lot of fun along the way, we encourage you to explore opportunities with Great Lakes at
here to hear firsthand experiences of what it’s like to work at Great Lakes.
Great Lakes has contractual obligations that require criminal, employment and education background investigations as a condition of
employment. H-1B sponsorship (initiation or transfer) is not provided / available.
Great Lakes is an equal opportunity employer of veterans and individuals with disabilities. If you are a veteran or military member approaching the transition to the civilian workforce and would like assistance with the employment process at Great Lakes,
please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We invite all applicants to complete the Voluntary Affirmative Action questions when submitting application materials. The questions are found at the end of the online application
process. To learn more about our commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity, please visit our