Classifies, examines, and analyzes accounting records and prepares related financial statements and reports. Administers AR/invoices and other related clerical functions.
- Provide a full range of support including but not limited to processing commodity and freight invoices, verifying accuracy of correct counterparty, amount and banking instructions.
- Verify payment terms, approval signatures, and valid general ledger account codes.
- Ensure the accuracy of the counterparty invoice in relation to price, quantity and terms.
- Research discrepancies and following through to resolution.
- Process corrections to clear balances and resolve customer payment discrepancies and provide accurate accounting records to ensure a clear audit trail is maintained.
- Coordinate all communication with counterparties relating to invoices, payments, customer service and special requests.
- Prioritize multiple tasks and provide flexibility when requested to work on special projects.
- This position may require overtime hours due to time sensitive deadlines.
- High school graduate required.
- College degree in related function preferred.
- 2+ years previous accounts payable experience preferred.
- Dedication to excellence; flexibility; and teamwork skills required.
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in fast paced, high energy environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while paying close attention to details.
- High aptitude for numbers.
- Computer literate on an intermediate level in Microsoft suite of products – Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint