KoolShot Expedited is looking for an Area Manager for our Lancaster, TX location.
• Appropriately match the right equipment, drivers and loads to make sure freight is delivered and picked-up in a safe and timely manner.
• Use discretion to select the most optimum driver, equipment and load assignment while evaluating customer and company service requirements, operating costs, safety issues, as well as anticipated workloads and many other factors that vary each day.
• Interacts with customers daily to ensure that expectations are being met with respect to both service and cost.
• Heavy interaction daily with drivers. Will be the liaisons between drivers and management.
• Directly supervise assigned drivers to include adherence to company policy, performance counseling and reviews up to and including administering disciplinary action and recommendations for promotion, transfer or termination.
• On-going review and creation of new, outbound and pickup routes to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction.
• Assist in the management of the overall effectiveness of our delivery service within budgeted areas of responsibility.
• Work with management staff to streamline the flow of product going out the door.
• Must be able to effectively interact with all aspects of the business (internal as well as external customers).
• Utilize the Qualcomm system as a tool to manage the operation through driver performance monitoring, and trip reporting functions along with any other potential uses.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• 3+ years of current transportation or logistic management experience (Required)
• In-depth knowledge of the of transportation, flat bed, rail and motor carriers, and fleet industry
• Current working knowledge of DOT, Federal & State Regulations
• Ability to communicate, manage and administrate and the ability to influence
• Highly organized with exceptional follow-up/through abilities
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication.
• Organizational skills for planning, decision-making and executing with excellence
• Highly motivated, flexible and have a great attitude
• Proficient in Microsoft software such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Current working knowledge of AS400 software
• Must be able to interact well with others
• Must be able to work independently or in a team setting
• Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities (Required)
• Individual must be flexible. Hours will be based on Customer needs, weekend shifts may be required.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature of the list of job requirements and/or duties performed by the employees and may not contain all capabilities necessary to perform the job at all times due to circumstances. Statements are not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties. Operational, safety and other needs may require the employee to perform any and all other duties as assigned. Employees are expected to and must be able to perform all such duties and tasks. Employment
will require a criminal background investigation and a drug/alcohol screening.
Frozen Food Express is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origins, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.