Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Application Status
Lead System Engineer
JOB SUMMARY: The Systems Engineer has advanced technical knowledge of core infrastructure services and is responsible for supporting the daily systems operations and administration for the IT infrastructure. This role involves planning, designing and the management of virtual and physical server and systems infrastructure, messaging applications, storage and the Microsoft System Center suite of applications. This role will also provide hands-on technical leadership and will manage simple and enterprise-wide projects from initiation to completion for the infrastructure. The Systems Engineer will partner with leaders in other business unit/operational areas to define requirements and develop architecture for scalable and reliable network infrastructure to meet present and future business needs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Management of the implementation of Microsoft System Center suite of products, specifically Configuration Manager, Virtual Machine Manager and Orchestrator.
• Management of highly available private DHCP services and both public and private DNS services.
• Manage the global server infrastructure running on Windows 2008/ 2012/ 2016.
• Manage the enterprise SAN architecture, connectivity and configuration.
• Microsoft infrastructure design and analysis, plan application installations, upgrades and migrations, monitor system health and performance, and make recommendations for configuration improvements.
• Responsible for the configuration, operational management and enhancements of Microsoft SharePoint Server.
• Manage the organization and inventory of all infrastructure hardware and software resources.
• Deploy client and server software installations, configurations and upgrades across a diverse customer base.
• Management of the virtual server infrastructure (VMWare) spanning multiple geographical locations.
• Ensure data integrity and security by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate infrastructure hardware and software solutions utilizing industry standards and best practices.
• Assist with developing standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Establish and document standards and procedures for team review.
• Conduct routine hardware and software audits of the infrastructure to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, best practices and configuration guidelines.
• Define and develop detailed implementation and project plans including tasks, communication strategies, validation and back out procedures.
• Coordinates and implements low to high risk infrastructure changes according to ITIL framework, independently to mission critical functional areas while following established designs and configurations already developed.
• Work with the IT group to develop and enhance processes and procedures for backups and disaster recovery.
• Assures technical development of other team members through sharing of knowledge and experience.
• Perform work outside of normal business hours related but not limited to: off hours maintenance, on-call support for primary areas of responsibility and when during designated on call schedule, provide end user support for PC hardware, peripherals, and software.
• Strategic Mindset: Ability to see future possibilities and translate them into strategies
• Drives Vision and Purpose: Paint a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others
• Business Insight: Apply knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals
• Collaborate: Build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
• Communicate Effectively: Develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
• Instill Trust: Gain the confidence and trust of others through honest, integrity and authenticity
• Customer Focus: Build strong customer relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions
• Organizational Savvy: Maneuver comfortably through complex policy, process and people related organizational dynamics
• Build Effective Teams: Build strong identity teams that apply diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
• Drive Engagement: Create a climate where people are motivated to their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
• Drives Results: Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances
• Decision Quality: Make good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
• Plans and Aligns: Plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
• Ensures Accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
• A technical leader and expert with demonstrated success on highly complex projects
• Ability to understand basic business practices
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced and growing environment
• Ability to work under high stress and pressure environments
• Ability to use good judgment and experience to resolve complex issues and challenges.
• Takes ownership for work and initiative for requests, incidents and problems
• IT Professionalism in all aspects of the position
• Ability to prioritize projects and customer requests
• 5-7 years as a Systems Engineer with strong enterprise Microsoft engineering and management experience.
• At least 2 - 4 years of hands on experience working with the following technologies:
1. SANs, preferably NetApp
3. Microsoft Exchange / Office 365/ Skype for Business
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field is preferred; 2 year degree may be considered with appropriate experience
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
• MCSA or MCSE is highly preferred
• Storage and/or VMWare certification would be a plus
The Master Lock Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual preference, age (40 and over), disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. The Master Lock Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Send This Job to a Friend