Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Application Status
Supervise and coordinate the toolroom employee activities to meet the schedule deadlines. Oversee the day to day operations of the toolroom, planning, implementation, scheduling and utilization. Work with vendors and suppliers for the Tool Room and order supplies and needed. Organize and assign work; instruct, guide and otherwise assist employees in the performance of their work.
• Supervise Journeymen including Tool & Die Makers engaged in metalworking dies, jigs, fixtures, gauges and cutting tools through coaching and counseling, and encouraging employees to share in department responsibilities.
• Take lead role in continual improvement of new tooling build procedures.
• Maintain constant contact with outside vendors to obtain quotes, ensure delivery dates are met and verify quality workmanship.
• Establish or adjust work procedures to meet department deadlines. Support for estimating costs for new tooling and engineering changes.
• Make recommendations for capital needs in the Tool Room.
• Supervise, coordinate and prioritize the projects and workload of the department. Ensure projects are finished correctly and according to time schedules.
• Provide guidance and direction to employees in solving and/or answering toolmaking questions, problems and issues.
• Diagnose machine, tooling and equipment malfunctions, expedite and coordinate repairs or replacement to avoid excessive downtime.
• Coordinate inspection and quality control activities as they may be related to work in process.
• Prepare and maintain necessary records and reports such as time sheets, lost time reports, production reports, etc.
• Maintain conformance with Company work rules and regulations and administer labor contract provisions and company policies.
• Enforce use of safety devices and equipment and general housekeeping.
• College degree preferred; Tool & Die Journeyman’s card required.
• 5 or more years of supervisory experience in tooling in a metal stamping facility.
• 7 or more years of experience in machining, and tool and die construction.
• CAD system experience preferred.
• Strong analytical, problem solving skills required.
• Strong interpersonal skills required.
• Experience working in a unionized environment preferred.
• Microsoft office.
Send This Job to a Friend