Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Application Status
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for recommending, developing, and implementing cost effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. Recommend, implement, and facilitate improvements to production processes, methods, and controls. Coordinate manufacturing launch for new or revised products including (but not limited to) fixtures and tooling, measurements gages and techniques, PPAP completion (including capability studies), and ongoing continuous improvement efforts.
• Coordinate the launch of new manufacturing products and processes including establishing rates, training operators, and following up after introduction to ensure the process capability is aligned with the assumptions at quoting.
• Improve processes and/or routings to realize improvements in Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Productivity/Cost.
• Continuously monitor and drive opportunities to improve quality and cost reduction/efficiency.
• Champion Continuous Improvement efforts for department.
• Maintain an Active Project list with emphasis on Continuous Improvement.
• Use statistical methods to evaluate process improvement suggestions.
• Understand and can practically apply Six Sigma and Lean Tools.
• Serve as dept. contact for all Engineering related concerns.
• Perform costing analysis for new and/or modified products. Serve as the department contact for Production & Inventory Control to ensure rates are accurate in ERP system (Oracle).
• Justify new equipment to meet plant production needs with emphasis on improved methods.
• Evaluate and recommend changes and/or rebuilds to existing equipment and equipment design to ensure manufacturing capabilities meet maximum capacity and cost objectives.
• B.S. degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing Engineering with a minimum of 5 years directly related experience.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in high-volume production metal machining environment.
• Specific exposure to die cast and/or plastics preferred.
• Experienced in specifying and purchasing of cutting tools and fixturing components.
• Must be Quality oriented and have a high attention to detail.
• Proficient in use of Autocad, Solid Works, Pro-E, or similar Design software preferred.
• Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing experience.
• Proven Project Management experience including proficiency in Microsoft Project.
• PC literate and experienced in the use of core Microsoft Products (Excel, Word, Power Point) as well as statistical software (Minitab, etc.) Experience with Oracle preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Experience with PPAP’s, FMEA’s, and Six Sigma methodology.
Send This Job to a Friend