Browse Open Jobs
Search Open Jobs
Edit Your Profile
View Application Status
Manager, Facilities & Security
The Master Lock Company seeks a self-sufficient adaptive problem-solver to manage the facility maintenance and related duties at our Milwaukee facility. The selected individual will be responsible for full life cycle management of facilities service contracts and maintenance of facility utility systems. The Facilities & Security Manager will leverage strong communication skills in their direct supervision of a skilled trades and contract employee team.
• Quote, prepare and submit capital projects for approval, supervise and troubleshoot to bring projects to fruition on-time and on budget.
• Develop and implement countermeasures for re-occurring issues. Oversees the planning, design, reconfiguration, construction, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, buildings, structures, and other facilities
• Gathers and reviews data concerning facility or equipment specifications, company or government restrictions, required completion date, and construction feasibility
• Coordinates with architecture/engineering firms in developing design criteria and preparing layout and detail drawings; prepares bid sheets and contracts for construction and facilities acquisition
• Reviews and estimates design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related costs
• Inspects or directs the inspection of construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established drawings, specifications, and schedules
• With the support of the senior safety manager develops 1,3,& 5 year strategies for capital spend for the facility.
• Responsibilities for the procurement, installation and maintenance of all security and building related equipment- including negotiating costs, services, and maintenance with vendors, suppliers, and contractors.
• Lead capital projects to proactively manage change and drive safe and responsible project implementation.
• Overall responsibilities for all fire protection systems/equipment. Coordinate systems/equipment inspections, ensure fire protection systems/equipment are operational and comply with local, state and insurance company requirements.
• Manage site security staff and The Master Lock Company security system focusing on routine security tasks, elevated threat response planning, crisis management, and risk assessment implementation.
• Coordinate the visits of regulatory inspectors (insurance, municipal, corporate, etc.) during routine inspection visits of the facilities. Maintain required inspection records and logs and ensure data is current.
• Manage grounds keeping activities- snow removal, salting, grass cutting, outside trash removal, janitorial services, pest and vermin control, along with other miscellaneous facilities related duties.
• Compile information on energy use at the facility, assess data and determine appropriate action for energy savings.
• Requires 5 years of general plant engineering/facilities maintenance experience.
• Requires successful completion of college degree with coursework in engineering/trades pertinent to facility maintenance.
• Knowledge of building trades/infrastructure maintenance and construction
• Experience in facility physical security systems (CCTV, building access) preferred.
• Experience developing design criteria and preparing layout and detail drawings (CAD/CATIA experience required)
• Experience preparing bid sheets and contracts for construction/equipment installation
• Experience in facilities budgeting and overhead management
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills for using in project management along with the ability to be thorough and accurate
• Ability to effectively manage competing priorities, while managing timelines, in a fast-paced team environment.
• Experience in a union manufacturing environment preferred.
• General knowledge of building codes, NFPA, NEC, and OSHA regulation
• Excellent collaboration and communication (written, verbal, and visual) skills.
• Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, MS Project etc.
• Low pressure steam boiler license preferred.
Send This Job to a Friend