||Join the world leader in innovative waterjet technology—Flow International Corporation.
Who We Are:
Flow is the leading manufacturer of ultrahigh-pressure technology, including waterjet cutting and surface preparation. We invented the abrasive waterjet in 1974; we are proud of our roots. Pioneering many major developments in waterjet, Flow remains dedicated to the advancement of technology. When water is pressurized to ultrahigh-levels you can cut just about anything from diapers to steel. We are headquartered in Kent, Washington and have offices in 16 countries and customers in over 50. We participate in a wide variety of markets, from aerospace, to automotive, job shops to artistic applications.
Who You Are:
As a member of our Software Development Team, you will be responsible for the design and development of system software for high precision, multi-axis industrial machinery. Work includes research, development, design, documentation, and testing of computer software modules and/or complete systems. Works under general supervision, exercising a certain degree of independent judgment.
• Designs, modifies, develops and documents PC software programming applications in a standard product (OEM) environment.
• Analyzes software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
• Design and integrate human-machine interface (HMI) for robotics and machine tool applications, including PC-based and CNC-based systems.
• Develops applications that integrate with machine hardware through (PLC) logic and motion controller setup parameters.
• Conducts scientific analysis and applies mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
• Supports product documentation including generation of user manual content, sequence of operations and source code documentation.
• Assists in preparing testing criteria and participates in the testing process with regular code reviews and analysis of software performance.
• Support Sustaining Engineering and Technical Services in solving complex field problems.
• Travel to customer sites to provide software support and/or gather feedback on features and performance for consideration in future software revisions.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities required:
• Proficient in Microsoft Visual C++ and MS Visual Basic programming including DLL’s, COM, STL and UML.
• Experience in using bug-tracking and automated testing tools in a fast-paced standard product environment preferred.
• Experience in design and operation of industry-standard CAD/CAM (2D and 3D) systems desired.
• High level of analytical ability where problems are complex.
• Strong oral and written, presentation and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently on projects in addition to functioning well in a team environment.
• High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, solicit input from customers, motivate associates, and elicit work output.
• Ability to take initiative; highly self-motivated.
• Demonstrated ability for innovative/creative thinking.
• Ability to travel on short notice, to lend technical support.
Education / Training:
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (BSCS) and three (3) years related experience.
• Master of Science in Computer Science (MSCS) and 0-2 years related experience.
What it’s Like to Work Here:
We are a team of technology enthusiasts who pride ourselves on constantly raising the industry bar. Our world is fast paced and customer focused. With principles, performance and an authentic passion for results deeply rooted in our daily interactions, Flow is full of opportunity. We strive to create a trust-based environment where driving results and positive attitudes coexist. We are friendly, respectful, and motivated to deliver strong performance in everything we do.
What We Offer:
In addition to training and career advancement opportunities, Flow offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), vacation, sick leave, education reimbursement, charitable gift matching and more.
Think You’ve Got What it Takes?
So if you’re ready to have some fun, focus on results, and drive for the pursuit of quality in everything you do, we want you to join us. Apply online at FlowWaterjet.com
Flow International Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.