Achieve more by stretching your boundaries at CliftonLarsonAllen (CLA). Our people bring the full breadth of their talents, experience, and personal style to make an impact on those they serve. If you think like an entrepreneur, believe that collaboration multiplies opportunity, and want to push the limits of your own potential, then we should talk.
CliftonLarsonAllen, one of the nation’s largest public accounting and professional services firms with more than 50 years of experience of providing excellent service to our clients and great career opportunities for our people, wants you to join our team! At CliftonLarsonAllen, you will gain the experiences and training needed for you to build a great career in your chosen industry. We develop outstanding professionals and leaders who grow with our firm and who help our firm grow.
The Specialized Advisory Services (SAS) group is looking for an internship candidate that has the necessary skills and a desire to perform audit and consultative work from both an IT and business process perspective. CliftonLarsonAllen feels that having sufficient skills and knowledge around IT and business process provides our clients with the best possible talent and client service. The SAS group consists of a combination of technical professionals, CPAs, CIAs, CISAs, etc. with key industry and IT audit experience.
CliftonLarsonAllen’s SAS group is looking for an Intern to join our world-class team in our Minneapolis office. In this role, you will work with the SAS teams to provide IT general control reviews, IT audits supporting the financial audit teams, risk assessments (both business process and IT related), internal audit (both business process and IT related), financial, operational, technology, and compliance internal control assessments, SSAE16 audits, and Sarbanes-Oxley readiness and ongoing audits.
The position includes both IT and business process opportunities, with approximately 70-80% of project work focused on IT and 20-30% focused on business process.
The intern position will require approximately 30-40% travel. Please keep in mind that travel requirements are based on your current client base; therefore, this percentage could increase or decrease and is just an estimate.
- Performs IT general control reviews, IT audits supporting the financial audit teams, risk assessments (both business process and IT related), internal audit (both business process and IT related), financial, operational, technology, and compliance internal control assessments, SSAE16 audits, and Sarbanes-Oxley readiness and ongoing audits.
- Participates in the testing execution of business process and IT audits, including definition of audit scope, control evaluation, test activities, audit reporting, and issue resolution for assigned audit objectives.
- Executes on security and operational audits in various computing environments.
- Problem solving/analytical skills, i.e. the ability to systematically think through the implications of problems to arrive at sound solutions.
- Demonstrates curiosity and an open mind to new ideas and concepts; generates innovative ideas and solutions.
- Must demonstrate the confidence and ability to operate independently with minimal oversight once given a specific task.
- Ability to deliver a high level of client service through positive interactions.
- Must demonstrate great soft skills both in verbal and written communication.
- Must be able to work well on teams and individually.
- Must pay special attention to detail, by reviewing your own work, spell checking work, searching for grammatical errors, etc. prior to sending to management to review.
- Must have strong writing skills. On an ongoing basis, you will be writing reports for final deliverables of projects.
- Must be able to manage multiple responsibilities at one time with several different deadlines with clients and internal management.