Whether it’s behind the bar, on the floor or at the door, we’re all driven to deliver a guest experience that’s Above it All! At Snoqualmie Casino, we work together to provide safe, fun and exceptional entertainment. The high-energy atmosphere is not for
everyone, but if you consider yourself a people person who thrives in a busy environment, then we want you on our team!
THE EXCEPTIONAL ENTERTAINMENT EXPERIENCE
We’re building a legacy at Snoqualmie Casino by providing our guests an Exceptional Entertainment Experience. Team Members at every level have made the commitment to deliver on this promise every chance they can. The guest service practices that support
this promise are:
- We appreciate that our guests have selected Snoqualmie Casino as their choice for entertainment.
- Support other team members – help them be successful in their jobs.
- Understand that when we’re on the floor we’re on stage.
- We deliver our promise to every guest on every visit.
Provide alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage service to guests consistent with the standards of the Lit Department. Responsible for a high level of Guest Service with respect to WA State Liquor Laws and Guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for providing superior beverage service for designated area offering complimentary and alcoholic refreshments to guests.
- Utilize and implement MAST training to prevent and recognize potential alcohol related concerns.
- Assist with supplying and cleaning Wait/Service Station.
- Handle cash and reconcile bank for all alcohol served according to Snoqualmie Casino policies.
- Communicate with Management the area in need of special attention to better facilitate quality guest service.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma / GED; Recognized Equivalent of a High School Diploma (RED) or Foreign High School Diploma (FHD).
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, bend, reach and stretch for extended periods of time.
- Ability to perform light lifting, up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to visually observe work area.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English (orally and in writing).
- Ability to memorize.
- Proven knowledge of alcohol service.
Education and Experience:
- One (1) year experience as a Food and Beverage Server; familiar with tray service.
- One (1) year experience with a computerized Point-of-Sale (POS) System (i.e. MICROS, NCR, etc.).
Snoqualmie Casino exercises Snoqualmie Tribal Member/Native American preference in hiring, in compliance with the Snoqualmie Tribal Employment Rights Ordinance (TERO). Pre-employment drug testing is required for all positions and you must obtain
and maintain a gaming license from the Snoqualmie Gaming Commission.