||Accounts Payable Specialist
Snoqualmie Casino is committed to delivering an experience that’s Above it All! We’re committed to working hard, having fun and always putting the guest first. If you share a love for accruals and reconciliations and know what it takes to deliver exceptional
service, then we want you on our team!
THE EXCEPTIONAL ENTERTAINMENT EXPERIENCE
We’re building a legacy at Snoqualmie Casino by providing our guests an Exceptional Entertainment Experience. Team Members at every level have made the commitment to deliver on this promise every chance they can. The guest service practices that support
this promise are:
- We appreciate that our guests have selected Snoqualmie Casino as their choice for entertainment.
- Support other team members – help them be successful in their jobs.
- Understand that when we’re on the floor we’re on stage.
- We deliver our promise to every guest on every visit.
Under the direct supervision of the Accounting Supervisor, the Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for processing all invoices and reconciling vendor statements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide accurate and timely payment of invoices and perform reconciliation of vendor statements.
- Monitor and enforce accounting policies by verifying the cost and authorization of purchases; confirm receipt of all items received and services performed to company’s satisfaction.
- Process weekly check runs and reconciliation of A/P to G/L.
- Perform month-end accruals and associated account reconciliations.
- Identifying Prepaid expenses and allocating appropriately.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with vendors and help resolve any questions or disputes.
- Participate in Team initiatives through learning and sharing of knowledge. Leverage user groups and other best practice sources to improve efficiency and effectiveness for the Team.
- Maintain accurate A/P and W-9 files for assigned vendors.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Two (2) Year Associate’s degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience.
- High volume A/P processing experience.
- Automated accounting experience.
- Knowledge of T Accounts and normal balances of Debits and Credits.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven working knowledge of computers (Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Proven excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- 10-key by touch.
Education and Experience:
- Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains software experience.
- Exposure to General Ledger accounting operations.
- Knowledge of General Accounting Principles and Practices.
- New Team Member Orientation.
- Team Member Policy Handbook.
- Department Policy Handbook.
- Guest Service Standards.
- Bloodborne Pathogens.
- Any position related training deemed necessary by Department Manager.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must possess sensitivity to the Native American culture.
- Must be a minimum of 18 or 21 years of age, depending on the requirements of the position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Gaming License.
- Must comply with all Snoqualmie Casino Policies.
- Must successfully complete an Introductory Period.
- Must be able to communicate and interact with Guest, Co-workers, and Management in a professional and courteous manner.
- Must follow all Safety Rules and Regulations.
- Must adhere to Dress Code and Appearance Policies.
- Must maintain and wear uniform provided by the Snoqualmie Casino, if applicable.
- Practice good personal hygiene.
- Must be willing to work all shifts, weekends, and holidays as deemed necessary by the Department Manager.
- Must be flexible regarding the hours and days worked, including extensive hours depending upon the demand.
Snoqualmie Casino exercises Snoqualmie Tribal Member/Native American preference in hiring, in compliance with the Snoqualmie Tribal Employment Rights Ordinance (TERO). Pre-Employment Drug Testing is required for all positions and you must obtain
and maintain a Gaming License from the Snoqualmie Gaming Commission.