||Chef de Cuisine - 12 Moons
Snoqualmie Casino is looking for team members that are passionate about guest service, and demand excellence. Sound like a challenge you’re capable of? If you love taking care
of people, know how to keep things fun, yet professional, and can deliver an experience that’s Above it All! Then we want you on our team!
THE EXCEPTIONAL ENTERTAINMENT EXPERIENCE
We’re building a legacy at Snoqualmie Casino by providing our guests an Exceptional Entertainment Experience. Team Members at every level have made the commitment to deliver
on this promise every chance they can. The guest service practices that support this promise are:
- We appreciate that our guests have selected Snoqualmie Casino as their choice for entertainment.
- Support other team members – help them be successful in their jobs.
- Understand that when we’re on the floor we’re on stage.
- We deliver our promise to every guest on every visit.
The Chef’ de Cuisine is accountable for daily oversight and leadership of the 12 Moons Restaurant culinary operations. The position is also responsible for menu preparation that
follows regulations established within Snoqualmie Casino Food and Beverage guidelines. The position establishes criteria’s for food preparation, ingredients, quality standards, food specifications, recipe and sanitation adherence, in addition to other criteria
required for the successful operations of the restaurant. Provides direction to culinary staff including hiring, counseling, training, day to day direction and supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Controls food and labor costs while maximizing guest satisfaction.
- Conduct pre-shift meetings and informs staff of specials, upcoming events, etc.
- Enforcement of safety and sanitation procedures throughout the kitchen and according to Company procedures.
- Menu development and implementation of recipes, controls, portion, and presentation specifications.
- Maintain and ensure compliance of all policies and procedures.
- Daily operations of the kitchen, including doing regular walkthroughs to inspect the facility, delegating responsibility to bring kitchen to standard, and communicating all
facilities needs to the proper department.
- Determining production needs and delegate appropriate tasks to the Sous Chefs and to oversee these tasks to conclusion.
- Determination of hiring needs for the department and coordinates those efforts with HR and the Executive Sous Chef.
- Administration of the outlet, including regular reports to the Executive Sous Chef, daily log entries about operations, team member evaluations, and daily time and attendance
monitoring and approval.
- Develop training plans for the kitchen staff and ensures all kitchen staff are properly trained on food preparation, health and safety standards and requirements, and food quality.
- Monitoring training and performance of all employees in their department and provide direct instruction for the development of Sous Chefs. Coach their team to achieve desired
- Leadership development of the staff by leading by example and teaching specific desired leadership traits.
- Responsible for ordering, product specifications, quality of food products and end of month inventory; Maintain controls for reducing and tracking costs and waste.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma / GED; Recognized Equivalent of a High School Diploma (RED) or Foreign High School Diploma (FHD).
- Ten (10) years of culinary experience, three (3) years of which need to be Sushi experience
- Five (5) years’ experience as Supervisor or Sous Chef
- All experience must be current within six (6) months of the application for employment
- Extensive knowledge of western and eastern menu development and Sushi trends
- Thorough knowledge of food products, standard recipes and proper presentation
- Food safety and sanitation certifications as required by Federal, State and Local regulations
- Proven knowledge of proper food handling procedures
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven strong Organizational and Communication skills.
- Proven Computer experience and knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, and email.
Education and Experience:
- Culinary degree or ACF Certification
Snoqualmie Casino exercises Snoqualmie Tribal Member/Native American preference in hiring, in compliance with the Snoqualmie Tribal Employment Rights Ordinance (TERO).
Pre-Employment Drug Testing is required for all positions and you must obtain and maintain a Gaming License from the Snoqualmie Gaming Commission.