THE EXCEPTIONAL ENTERTAINMENT EXPERIENCE
We’re building a legacy at Snoqualmie Casino by providing our guests an Exceptional Entertainment Experience. Team Members at every level have made the commitment to deliver on this promise every chance they can. The guest service practices that support
this promise are:
- We appreciate that our guests have selected Snoqualmie Casino as their choice for entertainment.
- Support other team members – help them be successful in their jobs.
- Understand that when we’re on the floor we’re on stage.
- We deliver our promise to every guest on every visit.
The Technicians are responsible for Preventative Maintenance and minor repairs of the TLS terminals. The Technicians are responsible for a high level of Guest Service and must be able to communicate and work effectively with all other departments. Responsible
for maintaining accurate records on Shift Report/Pass down Logs, Preventive Maintenance Logs, and M.E.A.L. Card logs. Must be able to follow all Company, State, and Federal Regulations.
This position has zero direct reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preventative maintenance (PM).
- Replacing buttons and printers as needed.
- Cleaning cash cans.
- Guest Service.
- Communicate with fellow team members to ensure productivity, and maintain the operation of the casino floor.
- Keeping accurate records of inventory, tasks still pending, and M.E.A.L. logs.
- Assist with project fulfillment.
- Communicate with and assist Vendors as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- AA Degree from a 2 year college or a diploma from a technical/gaming school.
- Or a combination of education and technology/electronic knowledge.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work effectively with all Casino departments.
- Basic Computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
Skills and Abilities:
- Six (6) months working within the Slot Department.
- One (1) year of viable Information Technology (IT) work.
- New Team Member Orientation.
- Team Member Policy Handbook.
- Department Policy Handbook.
- Guest Service Standards.
- Bloodborne Pathogens.
- Any position related training deemed necessary by Department Manager.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must possess sensitivity to the Native American culture.
- Must be a minimum of 18 or 21 years of age, depending on the requirements of the position.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Gaming License.
- Must comply with all Snoqualmie Casino Policies.
- Must successfully complete an Introductory Period.
- Must be able to communicate and interact with Guest, Co-workers, and Management in a professional and courteous manner.
- Must follow all Safety Rules and Regulations.
- Must adhere to Dress Code and Appearance Policies.
- Must maintain and wear uniform provided by the Snoqualmie Casino, if applicable.
- Practice good personal hygiene.
- Must be willing to work all shifts, weekends, and holidays as deemed necessary by the Department Manager.
- Must be flexible regarding the hours and days worked, including extensive hours depending upon the demand.
Snoqualmie Casino exercises Snoqualmie Tribal Member/Native American preference in hiring, in compliance with the Snoqualmie Tribal Employment Rights Ordinance (TERO). Pre-Employment Drug Testing is required for all positions and you must obtain
and maintain a Gaming License from the Snoqualmie Gaming Commission.