Do you have what it takes to deliver an exceptional guest experience—an experience Above it All! If you’re self-motivated, friendly and committed to providing guests with an experience of a lifetime, then you may be a right fit for our team! Let us know
if you desire to delight, love to provide exceptional service, know how to work hard and have fun! We want you on our team!
THE EXCEPTIONAL ENTERTAINMENT EXPERIENCE
We’re building a legacy at Snoqualmie Casino by providing our guests an Exceptional Entertainment Experience. Team Members at every level have made the commitment to deliver on this promise every chance they can. The guest service practices that support
this promise are:
- We appreciate that our guests have selected Snoqualmie Casino as their choice for entertainment.
- Support other team members – help them be successful in their jobs.
- Understand that when we’re on the floor we’re on stage.
- We deliver our promise to every guest on every visit.
To ensure a pleasant Guest experience by greeting Guests with a smile, seating guest in appropriate sections, and presenting a “Welcoming” Guest experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Receive, confirm and maintain Fine Dining reservation book accurately
Greet and seat guests with a smile in the proper section following the rotation procedure.
Excellent phone etiquette and skills.
Maintaining a professional and outgoing impression to all guests.
Greeting all guests when entering and exiting.
Support servers on the floor with cleaning floors, arranging tables and Mise-en-place etc.
Keep Manager updated on business flow of Restaurant at all times.
Stocking and maintaining work area to be presented professionally and organized
Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma / GED; Recognized Equivalent of a High School Diploma (RED) or Foreign High School Diploma (FHD).
- Experience with POS or Reservation System.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven math skills.
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal communication skills to effectively interface with guests and team members.
- Possess ability to work under pressure.
- Possess a cooperative, helpful and friendly nature, and present a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance.
Education and Experience:
- One (1) year in the food and beverage industry.
- Six (6) months Guest Service experience.
Snoqualmie Casino exercises Snoqualmie Tribal Member/Native American preference in hiring, in compliance with the Snoqualmie Tribal Employment Rights Ordinance (TERO). Pre-employment drug testing is required for all positions and you must obtain
and maintain a gaming license from the Snoqualmie Gaming Commission.