||At Carriage Services we believe in the concept of “First Who, Then What.” We have learned that leaders, who attract and surround themselves with the best people, achieve great things. Carriage Services is not for everyone. We believe in the Four E’s of
Leadership—Energy, Energize, Edge, and Execute. Our high performance culture is demanding. If you can compete at this level, then our Company is for you!
We are looking for a Family Service Counselor for Resthaven in Oklahoma City, OK!
The Family Service Counselor is accountable for assisting families in making cemetery arrangements through the selection and purchase of cemetery property, merchandise, and services on at-need or pre-need basis, ensuring the expectations of client families
and their guests are exceeded.
• Meets with client families at the time of need or on a pre-need basis to ensure that they are presented with all options pertaining to interment, cemetery property, and related merchandise and services.
• Establishes a professional relationship with client families to ensure that all needs are being met.
• Represents the company in a professional and caring manner, maintaining a professional personal appearance and employing honesty, integrity, and ethical methods of performing duties.
• Provides tours and guides families that visit the cemetery to lot locations.
• Attends services and visitations for client families whenever possible to foster relationships, ensures excellent service, and develops potential referrals.
• Completes required paperwork, insures proper interment verification process, and conducts blind checks, ensuring compliance with all relevant state and industry regulations and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Is responsible for adhering to pricing structures, completing all paperwork accurately and timely, and for submitting all contracts, required documents, and payments to the business office within required deadlines.
• Develops new prospects and community-based contacts.
• Makes presentations at the business location, at client family homes, and at public community events highlighting merchandise, services, and the benefits of pre-need arranging.
• Maintains positive and proactive communication and cooperation with all funeral homes, departments, and team members to ensure a smooth service process for the family.
• Actively participates in all required location and company training initiatives.
• Reports all progress to the Sales Manager (or Unit Leader) as directed, completing and submitting all required reports in a timely manner.
• Schedules and conducts aftercare appointments to ensure client family satisfaction and obtain referrals.
• Consistently meets or exceeds company standards in revenue generation in order to maintain employment and benefits eligibility status.
• Complies with all company procedures for customer service when dealing with families, handling complaints, completing post-interment service activities, and performing other duties necessary to ensure quality service levels.
• Protects confidentiality of company and client family information, including sales and marketing programs and materials, names and addresses of client families and employees, and other related information.
• Identifies and remedies all hazards at location and on grounds.