||Houston Support Center
||At Carriage Services we believe in the concept of “First Who, Then What.” We have learned that leaders, who attract and surround themselves with the best people, achieve great things. Carriage Services is not for everyone. We believe in the Four E’s of
Leadership—Energy, Energize, Edge, and Execute. Our high performance culture is demanding. If you can compete at this level, then our Company is for you!
We are looking for an Accounts Receivable – Customer Service Analyst to join our team at the Houston Support Center in the Galleria!
Primary responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Cemetery and Funeral Accounts Receivable Collections.
o Analyze & review data extracted from various systems via spreadsheets to assess collection needs, patterns that relate to a problem, accuracy, abnormalities, etc.
o Support location accounts receivable collection efforts including but not limited to generation of collection letters and statements
o Provide support and training to field personnel about the collection process
o Generate (or review) collection related reports and distribute to field and Houston support
o Submit accounts to Third Party Collection Agencies
• Review, analyze and process cancellation requests while ensuring cancellation documentation is in compliance with applicable laws and internal policies
• Support Customer Service and Collection telephone lines
• Perform research to complete problem resolution regarding customer questions, issues and complaints
• Assist with cash application process (e.g. payments received through corporate clearing account such as lockbox and preauthorized debit)
• Monitor data from external vendors to ensure that reports are accurate and timely
• Process weekly commissions
• Ensure proper documentation is maintained to support issue resolution and adhere to SOX compliance requirements
||• Associates and or Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 1 - 2 years of customer service and collections experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) required
• Self-starter and ability to learn a task with minimal instructions
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
• Must have the ability to effectively manage change, accomplish business objectives and departmental standards.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, written and telecommunication skills
• Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities and contribute to building a positive team spirit in alignment with Carriage’s high performance culture
• Ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects, prioritize tasks, and exercise good judgment
||Send This Job to a Friend