||Memory Gardens of Amarillo
||At Carriage Services we believe in the concept of “First Who, Then What.” We have learned that leaders, who attract and surround themselves with the best people, achieve great things. Carriage Services is not for everyone. We believe in the Four E’s of
Leadership—Energy, Energize, Edge, and Execute. Our high performance culture is demanding. If you can compete at this level, then our Company is for you!
We have a Cemetery Maintenance opportunity available at Memory Gardens in Amarillo, TX!
The Cemetery maintenance role is responsible for assisting in the interment of decedents and the overall physical appearance and condition of the grounds and facilities by performing a wide variety of tasks and duties, including the following:
• Receives and executes daily work orders in a timely manner.
• Completes preparation and closure of interment site in a timely manner and in agreement with client family expectations and policies and procedures of the individual businesses.
• Installs, restores, and/or resets markers and monuments in accordance with work orders and company guidelines and state regulations.
• Receives and executes daily assignments to maintain grounds, paths, and driveways according to weather and cemetery’s maintenance schedule.
• Completes scheduled mowing, trimming, pruning, and watering of the grounds.
• Uses power tools to trim hedges and remove dead tree limbs.
• In appropriate season, prepares soil, plants, mulches, weeds, and removes leaves. In winter months, plows paths and driveways and shovels snow to clear public areas.
• Picks up and disposes of trash and litter from grounds.
• Performs minor maintenance, lubrication, and cleaning of power equipment. Refers more serious problems to a mechanic.
• May be required to assist in loading and unloading of supplies, equipment, and/or merchandise.
• Identifies and remedies all hazards at location and on grounds.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• 3 to 5 years of experience working on a grounds crew, either at a cemetery, a golf course, or a commercial landscape business.
• 2 years of experience using and maintaining equipment including vehicles, mowers, trimmers, backhoe, etc.
• Ability to show respect and sensitivity toward client families while working in a physically demanding environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
||Send This Job to a Friend