JOB PURPOSE: The purpose of this position is to lead and manage a high performing team responsible for second line of defense program level support and oversight of all aspects of restaurant food safety.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor for unusual food safety occurrences, evaluate exposure to business based on risk and science-based principles, and escalate to appropriate levels of leadership.
- Work cross functionally with internal business owners to improve food safety standards, processes and programs.
- Responsible for maintaining a positive food safety culture with a focus on brand protection, collaboration and education.
- Travel as needed to support food safety risk needs.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by management.
- A good educator who is trustworthy and willing to share information and serve as a mentor.
- Leadership based on ability to inspire, motivate and engage commitment from others.
- Extremely responsive to internal and external customer requests; exceeds customers’ expectations.
- Listens to understand others’ viewpoints. Anticipates needs of others and offers solutions.
- Able to clearly present issues – both orally and written.
- Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Have high standards for personal and team performance.
Freedom to Act:
- The ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- The ability to make sound food safety decisions using risk management principals with little or no direction.
Size and Complexity:
- The ability and knowledge to make food safety decisions and risk management plans for all Company and Franchise restaurants.
- The ability to communicate, lead and resolve incidents with Public Health and Regulatory Authorities.
- The ability to lead, influence and provide direction to the Field Leadership Team, and restaurants management without direct reporting authority.
- The ability to bring internal partners together to collectively drive food safety change.
- Field Leadership Team
- Restaurant Management
- Home office business partners to include Directors and Vice Presidents
- Management of several key third party vendor relationships to include pest control, third party audit, and cleaning & chemicals.
- Serve as functional representative with the NRA and other industry nutrition associations.
- Minimum BS in Environmental health, food science, biology or related field, with a minimum of eight years of food industry experience
- Corporate food safety experience in food service, retail or food manufacturing
- Work experience in food safety, HACCP and a strong understanding of federal, state and local regulations for restaurants is required
- Understanding of restaurant operations and procedures required
- Experience leading and managing team members.
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.