JOB PURPOSE: Maintain and enhance the organization's talent management compliance by planning, providing consultation, implementing, and evaluating wage and hour and other compliance issues, and talent management
policies, programs, and practices for the enterprise.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in managing key departmental projects, ensuring superior execution within time and budget parameters
- Assists in the design and implementation of Talent Management programs and initiatives when applicable
- Other TMS duties as requested or assigned.
- Must possess considerable knowledge of management-labor relations; the principles, practices and procedures of Human Resources Management.
- Must possess general knowledge in the areas of merit systems, job content, qualifications, educational and training requirements and wage and salary administration.
- Must have a sound working knowledge of statistical concepts, methods and data collection procedures.
- Must have considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of modern office management and recordkeeping.
- Must be able to research information and analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions, recommendations and plans of action.
- Must be able to prepare comprehensive reports and represent ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Must have the ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Considerable knowledge of local, state and federal labor and workplace laws. Experience with multi-state law is preferred.
- High degree of personal integrity and discretion in handling sensitive compliance issues.
Freedom to Act:
- High degree of independent decision-making and judgment required
Size and Complexity:
- Requires the consideration of many factors and analysis of facts when making decisions
- Requires the ability to communicate within all levels of the organization
- Requires the ability to communicate with outside agencies (DHS, DOL, etc), legal counsel and vendors
- Undergraduate degree from accredited college or university with major course work in Human Resources Management or closely related field, or 5+ years of equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of experience in Human Resources, Compliance, or similar role.
- Extensive knowledge of multi-state employment law, including wage and hour.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 20%
- Familiarity with restaurant or retail operations; specifically Buffalo Wild Wings is a plus.
- SHRM Certified Professional (PHR) or Senior Professional (SPHR).
Buffalo Wild Wings, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
www.buffalowildwings.com Connect with us!