||Aspire Public Schools
||Bay Area, Central Valley, Los Angeles, Memphis
Under the direction of the site principal, this position is responsible for co-managing all operational functions of an assigned school site including but not limited to; monitoring and guiding educational programs, office administration, budget governance,
community relations, personnel and facilities in accordance with Aspire standards. This role assumes full responsibility for school operations in the absence of the principal. The Assistant Principal is critical in supporting the mission and values of Aspire
Public Schools to prepared students to earn a college degree.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Leadership & Administration
• As delegated by principal, assist in development and management of daily operations, facilities, safety, and administrative processes.
• Maintain school-wide focus on high standards of student achievement by driving key initiatives as assigned by principal and senior leadership.
• Effectively build and maintain relationships with parents, community stakeholders, sponsoring district and neighborhood schools that establish mutual trust and respect.
• Develops and cultivate a school wide culture that fosters positive relationships across all levels.
• Assign work of, supervise and evaluate direct reports.
• Work collaboratively with principal on human resources related matters including recruitment activities, evaluation, discipline, performance management and other matters as deemed appropriate.
• Approach and address matters in a principle-centered, creative, thoughtful and constructive manner while utilizing appropriate supports and constituents, as needed.
• Lead projects as discussed with principal including; long-term strategic planning, process and operational improvement, cycle of inquiry-driven instructional improvements, charter renewal, or any other projects required.
• Work in collaboration with other principals, area superintendent and Home Office teammates with managing resources to support smooth operations at school site.
• Lead and participate in appropriate staff meetings and trainings including traveling within and outside of school region.
• Support principal in managing fiscal resources at school site and/or manage specified grant or categorical funds, as needed.
• Adopts and manages processes to safeguard students while on campus.
• Manages emergency issues in alignment with Aspire practices while ensuring the learning environment is positive and productive.
• Participates and trains staff on safety drills, emergency plans, and policy development related to safety.
• Investigate complaints and in collaboration with principal determine appropriate remedies.
Student Life & Culture
• Oversee student life activities including athletics, programs, social activities, music and drama activities, student governments, assemblies, contests and publications as appropriate.
• Plan and organize extracurricular activities that develop student interpersonal skills and relationships, as needed.
Classroom Management & Instruction
• Maintain curriculum standards through sound leadership practices that can be demonstrated through coaching, modeling and instruction for teaching staff.
• Participates in and conducts formal and informal classroom observations.
• Develops master schedule utilizing software tools such as PowerSchool and Oncourse.
• Provide clear and actionable feedback to teachers and staff as required.
• Support the design and implementation of instructional programs.
• Manage process for analyzing data to increase student achievement and support New Teachers through Induction.
• Plan and deliver engaging, effective professional development opportunities.
• Demonstrate knowledge of, and support, Aspire Public Schools mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
||1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Knowledge of business and management principals involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
• Excellent organization, time management and follow-up skills; high sense of urgency; demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple projects concurrently; ability to work as a team.
• Ability to provide excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively and interact effectively with different audiences.
• Knowledge of applicable laws, Education code, regulations that govern educational practices.
• Experience with instructional leadership, including demonstrated knowledge of curriculum, training design, assessment, and developing teachers.
• Ability to collect and analyze data.
2) Minimum educational level:
• Bachelor’s Degree required; Masters or Ph.D. in Education preferred
• Valid Administrative Credential preferred
• NCLB Highly Qualified preferred
3) Experience required:
• 3+ years working in underserved communities as a full-time teacher, required
• 7+years teaching and administrative experience, preferred
||Send This Job to a Friend