||School Support Manager (Grades K-5)
||Aspire College Academy
||The School Support Manager oversees behavior and academic supports for students. This position manages this critical social/behavioral program by managing resources, evaluation of program expenditure, effectiveness of materials and supports used. This
key staff member collaborates with lead teachers, admin, teachers and families to increase the success of at- risk students and manage data including eligibility requirements, passing grade rate, attendance, tardies and behavior trends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop, implement, manage and analyze all behavioral support programs that build success for students both academically and socially.
• Successfully coordinate and drive the 3 tiers of intervention program for middle school students.
• Manage the Restorative Justice roll-out in advisory group and for the entire school site. Collaborate with staff on implementing academic interventions in the general education classroom including; break school, after school supports (Beyond the Bell and
Citizen Schools), office hours, and academic detention.
• Coordinate and lead roll-out of Restorative Justice Circles and Student Study Team meetings as well as guide restorative conversations between student, parents and teachers.
• Ensure that individual student action plans are implemented and data gathered on the success of each intervention.
• Initiates individual student incentive programs and implementation plans based on progress reports.
• Develops resources to support student plans including toolkits to work with families on increasing student engagement and achievement.
• Evaluate the success of school wide intervention programs by analyzing data and creating reports. Make determinations regarding student enrollment for Break School. Assess appropriate data tracking methods along with ensuring findings are aligned with external
• Supports the work of building a school-wide culture that fosters cooperative relationships and responsibility that involves not only positive reinforcements but consequences for negative behavior.
• Assign, manage, and develop the advisory and safety team members including evaluation of performance.
• Serves as main point of contact when coordinating with contractors that provide behavior support services.
• Participates in safety team efforts, traffic and lunch duty as needed.
• Demonstrate knowledge of, and support, Aspire Public Schools mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
• Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
||1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Knowledge of effective conflict management and resolution strategies
• Ability to creatively problem solve
• Knowledge of curriculum development and assessment
• Ability to effectively develop relationships across all levels and vary backgrounds and lead with initiative and take direction
• Supervisory experience and ability to develop coach staff in developing leadership skills
• Understanding of how to interpret and use data to support key decisions
• Knowledge of Ed Code and other regulations
• Computer skills including; Word, Excel, Power Point and familiarity with data tracking systems such as OnCourse
• Knowledge of safety procedures
2) Minimum educational level:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study
3) Experience required:
• 1 -3 years of experience working with urban youth in a school-setting
• Experience with in or knowledge of youth empowerment programs
||Send This Job to a Friend