The Credential Specialist, working under general supervision, reviews, analyzes, evaluates, and processes teacher qualifications for California teaching credentials. The Credential Specialist assists to ensure the compliance of our teachers’ credentials in
our schools. This position helps to support both the organizational mission of recruiting, compliance and attracting high performing educators and our retention plan to ensure our excellent educators are highly satisfied and have the opportunity for an extended
career at Aspire.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Review and process assigned caseload to assist with verification of teacher candidate’s credentials or permits
• Advise candidates of required steps to obtain appropriate credential or permit
• Correspond with applicants, teachers-in-residency, and active candidates as directed regarding requirements
• Review, process and forward applications to the California Commission on Teacher Credentials for issuance of credentials, certificates, permits as assigned
• Update CRM information for each assigned issue
• Perform other duties as assigned.
1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
• Current knowledge and experience with California credentialing requirements
• Ability to read, understand, and apply instructions and policies related to the credential process
• Good analytical skills; Ability to assimilate information quickly, identify problems if applicable, and make recommendations in a timely fashion
• Strong desire to have a positive impact on public education
• Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly and persuasively
• Excellent attention to detail, organization, time management, and follow-up skills; high sense of urgency; demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple projects concurrently; ability to work independently
• Excellent people skills; ability to build relationships, maintain constant communication, and provide support to assist them in meeting their professional certification requirements
• Positive, customer service oriented, and professional attitude and integrity
• Experience as a teacher or with K-12 education preferred
• Maintain security of confidential information, accurate, and updated employee records.
2) Minimum educational level:
• A bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
3) Experience required:
• 1-2 years of experience in a credential services department or related experience.
• Experience or strong interest in K-12 public education; former teacher or background in public education is a plus.
||Send This Job to a Friend